Has anyone mounted their tv mount on a field stone fireplace?

KIMMER

Admin
Reaction score
I'm finally going to put my tv on my fireplace above the mantle, but i'm curious if there is a special bolt kit with spacers for mounting on uneven surfaces like my field stone fireplace? Anyone here have this style fireplace?

517116026_photobucket_24481_.jpg

Wicked Pissah

forum member
Reaction score
umm, is that possible? are those real, or is it a panel laying over the dry wall, you might have to cut the stone to get to the studs in the wall...

KIMMER

Admin
Reaction score
I think I figured it out. Got to hit the hardware store for some expanding anchors. Just going to drill through the mortor and through the rock board.

Blue07GT

Reaction score
You don't want to attach the tv to the stone because all that is holding the stone on is some mortar. I would say find the studs behind the stone(not sure how) and then find some screws that are long and thick and drill holes through the stone to get to the stud and then go from there.

KIMMER

Admin
Reaction score
Yeah, couldn't find studs in the right spots, so I drilled through the mortar and through the sheet rock that the mortar and stones are stuck too. Locked it on with some special anchors and it's up and looking pretty!

BoostedGT480

Slow 3v
Reaction score
Looks like you already got your answer, but I did the same thing. I dont have the exact fireplace as you, but close.

I went to lowes and got some extremely long .75" think bolts I believe and drilled them into studs back behind the fireplace. Because of the rocks not being even, I had to use spacers to get the tv bracket flat all the way across. My tv bracket had quite a few holes in it so it was easy to line it up with the studs and then also my tv can slide left/right on the bracket so even it up.

I then made a box that mounts on the roof above the tv which holds my HD box. I routed all my cables in the attic and they drop down behind so everything is completely hidden. My home stereo is done the same way. I have absolutely no wires in my living room!

One of the 1st things I did (first thing was new sheetrock and paint) when I moved in so there is no furniture yet..lol...
livingroom1.jpg

And here is a crappy shot of my entertainment system that sits to the right of the tv (**The 1 wire you see if the subwoofer wire which has been hidden since this picture has been taken haha)
P1040013.jpg

Last edited:

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back