Head lights won't turn off

ZmanM3

The Evil One
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I now have the issure of my headlights staying on after I drove in the rain yesterday. They stay on weather or not the car is running and no matter what the position of the light switch is. Also they do not switch between high and low beam even though the indicator on the dash shows high or low. My fist though was the passangers side junction box in the foot well being wet. I checked for this and it was bone dry, along with the carpeting in the passenger foot well. I then checked the fuse box under the hood and again it was dry. I also pulled the relay for the high beam low beam and it had no effect. I do have HID headlights and I am wondering if it is possible that the ballest for them got wet and is causing this.

AutoXRacer

forum member
Reaction score
But the stock bulbs back in and check.

Those aftermarket HIDs are pretty hokey... I have a set too and I've had issues with them; I keep using them due to the great customer service.

I got Morimotos...I hear they are the best in HIDs...without spending $1000s.
http://www.theretrofitsource.com/

ZmanM3

The Evil One
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
When my car was buttoned back up after the herd of deer incident a pin on the headlight connector got bent. The wiring tech at the body shop thinks it was a ground connector & that the switch works with the ground to turn the lights off. It may have been making slight contact until it got splashed while driving in the rain yesterday, who knows. Fixed the pin in the connector and it works correctly now.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back