Headed to New York

Jarrod@latemodelresto

Official Vendor
Reaction score
From August 12-15th. Going to be in town for a little R&R and a Yankees game. Staying at the Ramada Plaza off of 8th and 34th st. Give me some ideas of places to eat and see while i'm there. My wife will be with me, so i'm sure we will do the normal tourist site seeing, but i would like to get out and do much more than that. Money isn't an issue, i want to enjoy my time while i'm there.

irishpwr46

Official Site Vandal
Reaction score
if youre looking to eat italian, stay away from little italy. if you want a good steak, i would suggest uncle jacks or the palm. some good latin, cabana in the south street seaport. you will be right outside times square. which is a good time. theres an irish bar called tir na nog right across the street from you that has some good bar food and is decently priced. the uss intrepid is on 45th and 12th. theres more ill post as i think of it

Jarrod@latemodelresto

Official Vendor
Reaction score
I'm a food lover so i wouldn't mind eating something different for every meal. I could careless about Mexican food or BBQ since i can eat that at any given point here in Texas. I'm always down for a good steak though. I still have a few months before i make the trip, but i would like to have it planned out as much as i can so i do more while i'm there.

irishpwr46

Official Site Vandal
Reaction score
uncle jacks is walking distance from your hotel, its a little pricey (about 150-200 for two) but is one of the best steaks ive ever had. its on ninth ave between 34th and 35th streets. carmines is very good italian, but its family style.

Jarrod@latemodelresto

Official Vendor
Reaction score
Sounds good to me. I keep reading about tick tock diner, is the food any good, or are the people just raving about it since its famous?

irishpwr46

Official Site Vandal
Reaction score
ive never eaten there, but it cant be terrible if its being spread far and wide

Jarrod@latemodelresto

Official Vendor
Reaction score
That's what most of the reviews say, but i read those with a grain of salt. I never stayed in NY for more than 24 hours, so im excited to see what its all about.

ford20

forum member
Reaction score
The Boat Basin Cafe on W 79th street is supposedly really good. I know its a bit out of the way but it is supposedly a really nice place to eat with some nice views.

ford20

forum member
Reaction score
If you are going around Manhattan than yes, they are pretty much everywhere especially around midtown. They may be a bit expensive but they are freaking everywhere. Just stand on a corner and stick your hand out and eventually a cab will stop for you.

Jarrod@latemodelresto

Official Vendor
Reaction score
Flying in from Dallas/Ft Worth (DFW) to LaGuardia Airport (LGA). I guess we will just take a taxi from the airport to the hotel.

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Best way around is walking or subway.

Places to ear, tons, how much you want to spend?

Steak:
The Palm
Peter Lugers in Brooklyn
Del Frisco's

Sushi:
Nobu or Nextdoor Nobu

Italian:
Il Molino

Continental:
Gotham Bar and Grill

French:
Le Cirque
Boule
Danielle

Others:
Ruby Foo

Places to see:
Central Park
Times Square
The Chrylser Building
South Street Seaport
Museum Row 5th Ave

Jarrod@latemodelresto

Official Vendor
Reaction score
Not worried about the money part of it. I plan on enjoying myself while i'm there. If a meal cost $250, then so be it, that's that what i go to work for. Looks like we will be eating at the Palms, you and irishpwr46 have mentioned it. Im a huge fan of sushi, so thanks for adding those two places.

It would be cool to meet a few guys from here if given the chance.

I know for sure they wife will want to walk over to Macy's. Plan on stopping by Ground Zero, Time Square, and Central Park for sure. Thanks for the other locations.

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
For Nobu, be prepared to wait for a table, they may take reservations, but as I recall it must be for 4 or more.

I should be back in the city by August. So hit me up as you get closer.

Jarrod@latemodelresto

Official Vendor
Reaction score
Once it gets closer to time, ill call around and see if anyone will take reservations in advance.

Sounds good. Ill bump the thread within a month of heading out. Just trying to get a few things out of the way so im not asking 100 questions at the front desk of the hotel.

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Most of the 'better' restaurants will take reservations 30 days out, if u call 29 days out, they are booked.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back