Headlight Install Question

Xerc

A Not So Newbie...
Reaction score
Does anyone know if it is necessary to take off the front bumper in order to remove the factor headlights and install new ones? I am about to start a project on mine and was just wondering if it was necessary.

Croft

It's GOOOOOOO Time
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Some folks have just loosened up the bumper from the top and slide it out to where it gives you more access to the headlights.

I personally have removed the bumper. It makes it easier IMO and only takes 10 more minutes.

Xerc

A Not So Newbie...
Reaction score
Ha, thanks for the input guys. That's exactly what I was looking for.

Xerc

A Not So Newbie...
Reaction score
If you need help with the bumper, let me know.

I believe we are going to try and get a CTS night at Marks place on a weekend for this. You're more then welcome to come and input your 2 cents. I value all drunken opinions. HA

charlie123

forum member
Reaction score
I remember when I had to do my headlights and I completely removed the bumper it was alot easier.

TexasBlownV8

Formerly TexasBlownV6
Reaction score
For someone who's never pulled off their facia, the thought of doing it can be unsettling.
But it really is very easy.

LAStang1234

----------DSL----------
Reaction score
Yep real simple, I had to do it to wire all the extra crap that comes with my set of headlights.

Xerc

A Not So Newbie...
Reaction score
For someone who's never pulled off their facia, the thought of doing it can be unsettling.
But it really is very easy.

It's funny you say that. This was probably the hardest part of the entire job. I was more afraid of breaking the bumper or ripping it up then anything. Once Mark and I got it off, everything else was cake.

And yes.. Removing the front bumper is NECESSARY, in my opinion, if you wish to remove the headlights. HAHA

All in all, a complete headlight swap only took about 2 hrs.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back