How hard is it to tune FI without CM delete?

Ssiptang

forum member
Reaction score
I don't want to install charge motion delete because of all the headaches involved with those plugs on 09-10s.
I'm planning to install 100 shot of nitrous this spring break and my question is, how hard(or accurate) is it for tuners to tune nitrous without charge motion delete?
Is there any issue involved in running FI without the delete?
My concern is safety not the power.

Thanks for your input

JeremyH

3V Fuel Guru
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
If your concern is safety get rid of the cmv, you can switch to a earlier style manifold with delete plates if you dont want to run the delete plugs.

Last edited:

2010Elanore

forum member
Reaction score
I had delete plugs and as long as you install them correctly there is zero issues. Most people that have problems aren't doing it right.

fdjizm

Drag Queen
Reaction score
You can get an 08 intake cheap, FI pushing against those little riveted on blades just makes me cringe.

gil_t2

Love Nitro in the Morning
Reaction score
I have an 09, and installed the plugs. It was a quick and simple upgrade. No problems. I can't see how anyone could screw it up.

RED09GT

Equal Opportunity Offender
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
If you're that worried, get a $5 tube of epoxy and seal the plugs in with it. I have zero issues, vacuum leaks etc... I did use the $5 tube of epoxy and put a dab of black silicone sealer on each of the end plugs.

Last edited:

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back