Howdy from San Diego

919industries

Reaction score
Hey guys I'm Brett, I'm 19 live in San Diego california and drive a 2008 mustang, which is unfortunatly only a v6. I'm finally in the position to be able to afford to mod my baby. My commute is about 70 miles a day so I wanna pep the motor up and make it more appealing to the eye. I have been lurking around other sites and I found this site today and it seems to be the best site for me. All the other sites had mostly older car info that bummed me out. I look forward to learning from all of you and maybe go driving through the back roads in jamul or rural San Diego!

919industries

Reaction score
I'm not sure anyone will read this but I have some questions and I don't wanna spam this place up being the newb and all.

First. My clutch has been replaced once already (I know it's a 2008 how did I do that already right? I made a bad decision and I paid a lot to fix it) anyways about 10k mile after it being replaced a rattling started whn te cars in neutral or when I'm slowing down and the cars in gear and I'm not touching the clutch. If I push the clutch in the noise goes away. I've been told by multiple people tht it's because the flywheel was not resurfaced correctly. I've had this problem for about 15k miles now it still shifts very smoothly and drives great but I'm worried and I'm saving for a spec fly wheel and spec stage 2 clutch but I just wanted opinions.

2nd. Anyone know where I can get a good deal on a wheel and tire kit? I really like the 7 spoke saleen replicas with high quality tires. Or the cobra replica 5 spokes? Oh and the wheels have to be black.

3rd. Since it is a v6 and I'm on a budget, how do I make my car handle better? I plan on
Lowering it, what springs are best? Maybe replacment shocks? I've seen many suspension packages but I really don't know much about car suspension as I've always been into offroad truck and never really researched cars.

I'm full of questions and light on knowledge of mustang suspension and parts! Thanks to anyone that helps!!!

Natural1

all around duguder
S197 Team Member
Reaction score

919industries

Reaction score
Thankssss! I will have to check this place out on a real computer my iPhone is great but it's hard to navigate this site on!

don_w

Dyno Numbers - Who Cares?
Reaction score
Welcome to another San Diegan!

BTW, screw Jamul... the backroads by Barona have a better ending... a dragstrip!

919industries

Reaction score
Well I live in jamul so I've spent a lot of time on these roads and that's why I like them! But I would always like to go adventure the rest of the roads in the county, my car is scared of drag strips! It's a v6, completly stock so it's not the quickest thing!

don_w said:
Welcome to another San Diegan!

BTW, screw Jamul... the backroads by Barona have a better ending... a dragstrip!

Herknav

Devil's Advocate
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Welcome

For a mod to make the engine nicer, I recommend adding two cylinders... I know... I know... it had to be said...

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back