I need new street tires. Anyone using the Toyo Proxes T1R? Looking for feedback?

marcspaz

~Resigned~
Reaction score
Not too bad. Cornering is fun. They arn't DR's, but if I don't drive like an ass, they hold the road ok. I can still smoke 2nd, 3rd, and chirp 4th/5th gears, but only if I am driving it like I am making a 1/4 mile pass. Under spirited driving, it will work.

I guess I am kinda bummed I can find a DR I can corner with or a road tire I can launch with.

Last edited:

JOK3R

forum member
Reaction score
How hard are you taking corners on the street, dude?

I took corners pretty damn hard on Nitto DR's and I honestly thought they were fine. You must be going into em super hard :naughty1:

Kaldar142

Reaction score
Not too bad. Cornering is fun. That arn't DR's, but if I don't drive like an ass, they hold the road ok. I can still smoke 2nd, 3rd, and chirp 4th/5th gears, but only if I am driving it like I am making a 1/4 mile pass. Under spirited driving, it will work.

I guess I am kinda bummed I can find a DR I can corner with or a road tire I can launch with.

I love my nitto nt05, I would recommend them to anyone. Perhaps next time, run a wider stickier tire (nt05)

marcspaz

~Resigned~
Reaction score
How hard are you taking corners on the street, dude?

I took corners pretty damn hard on Nitto DR's and I honestly thought they were fine. You must be going into em super hard :naughty1:

I love my nitto nt05, I would recommend them to anyone. Perhaps next time, run a wider stickier tire (nt05)

I like to bang a corner for sure. With the DR'd I have tried from friends or owned myself, they were all the same. I have a lot of farm country, woods, and twisties out here. Even at the speed limit, you can feel the sidewalls leaning as you go around curves. It was not a fun feeling.

Not too sure I want Nitto tires in general. They had a bad rep on their DR's as recently as 2 years ago. All the wear problems of R1 with none of the traction. I have stayed away from them for that very reason.

trill gear head

forum member
Reaction score
I need new street tires. Anyone using the Toyo Proxes T1R? I am looking for feedback before I buy.

Any other good street tires for under $300 each?

I got screwed on the Summitomo's. Great lateral traction but medial, both forward and reverse, sucked ass. Trying to avoid that again.

I've been running Summitomo HRT-II's for the last 26,xxx miles and they've treat me very well. I have 255/45/18's all around and they've treated me very well for what they are. Keep in mind that I can get the HRTZ-II's in 275/40/18 for $100 a tire. You get what you pay for is what I'm saying.

What suspension mods do you have? You might want to look their if you are still on the stock setup. Some LCA's and a UCA should help you a lot more than any tire could.

spiral281

forum member
Reaction score
the htrz III's are very good for the price as far as sticky...had them in the stock size on the 17's before i got the gt500 wheels, may be using them in the 275/40/18 when i need to replace the rear tires since i cannot afford the nt05's at this point...maybe i can get the nt05's when i need to replace the front tires...

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back