idler pulley sizes

Wicked One

forum member
Reaction score
I am going with an 8 rib setup on my kenne bell 2.6. I have all the drive pulleys; ac, blower, P.S, alt, crank.

I have no idea what size is needed for the idlers. And is the stock water pump fine for an 8 rib.

Also, I think I need the kb idler also.

Thanks

Brezick

Yinzer
Reaction score
I just had this done and used 76mm for all three, but stock pulley setup is 2x76mm, 1x90mm - above the tensioner, and stock WP pulley. I think a V10 pulley is a good upgrade. The kb adj idler stock is ~60mm.

Wicked One

forum member
Reaction score
Received my idlers today. Some issues.

The 76mm pulley has a snap ring holding the bearing on, that snap ring is hitting the washer on the bolt, causing the idler not to spin.

The other is with the KB pulley. It sits too far off the mount.

Look at the pics.

IMAG0357.jpg

IMAG0358.jpg

I started to grind down the washer, but decided to wait and see.

IMAG0359.jpg

Brezick

Yinzer
Reaction score
I bought new washer for the idlers, same thickness, just smaller diameter, seems to work fine.

As for the KB adjustable idler, I had a few issues with it so I hope yours is a little better. The bolt they sent to mine was too small to fit into the KB bracket, which was fine, i used the stock bolt, but then the black metal pice was not drilled eough for the stock bolt. Fine I drilled that out. However, my backspacing was actually less than the stock, not more like yours. I had to use washers on the backside or it was rubbing off a bolt on the bracket. They said they would replace it, but I am not sure what would make it any better without redoing the design.

Wicked One

forum member
Reaction score
Thanks. I replaced one washer and bolt with an Allen head that was for the kb that was extra. I will call them Monday about the kb idler. If I had to bring it out would be one thing. But it needs to be shortened, something I don't have the equipment for.

sent from my Damn phone

weather man

Persistance Is A Bitch
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I just had this done and used 76mm for all three, but stock pulley setup is 2x76mm, 1x90mm - above the tensioner, and stock WP pulley. I think a V10 pulley is a good upgrade. The kb adj idler stock is ~60mm.

I love you man. ;)

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back