I'll never buy from AM ever again...

onehotpny

forum member
Reaction score
I know what it's like to lose a child. Granted it was a long time ago, but I still think about her. I never used it as an excuse to be an ass though.

You should have sent the wheels back and moved on with life.

OneI didn't use it an excuse,plus I'm not an a--, if it sounded like it I apologize ... All I stated was facts,
Any way I said they could delete the thread... It's funny how everyone here thinks I'm wrong, but 90% of the people i talked to at shows and club meetings think I have a right to be upset.. Oh well,
Life goes on..

Mach2burnout

05 Redfire GT
Reaction score
OneI didn't use it an excuse,plus I'm not an a--, if it sounded like it I apologize ... All I stated was facts,
Any way I said they could delete the thread... It's funny how everyone here thinks I'm wrong, but 90% of the people i talked to at shows and club meetings think I have a right to be upset.. Oh well,
Life goes on..

I would just like to ask this: how does the quality compare, I mean between the USA made and the China made?

Exactly the same

Close to the same

Not close to the same

China made are terrible in comparison

USA made are terrible in comparison

I ask because you make such a big deal out of this, but yet you post picture of a beautiful Stang and the wheels look perfect on it! Had you not told us, we would have never known that these wheels were "mismatched" as you call them. Further more, at your local shows and in your clubs did the other guys just right off say to you, "bro. why you got mismatched wheels?" Or did you tell them? I suspect you told them like you did us. Otherwise they would never have known. Just saying.

On another note, I'm sorry to hear about your child. That had to be a tough blow.

Sent from iPhone

onehotpny

forum member
Reaction score
I would just like to ask this: how does the quality compare, I mean between the USA made and the China made?

Exactly the same

Close to the same

Not close to the same

China made are terrible in comparison

USA made are terrible in comparison

I ask because you make such a big deal out of this, but yet you post picture of a beautiful Stang and the wheels look perfect on it! Had you not told us, we would have never known that these wheels were "mismatched" as you call them. Further more, at your local shows and in your clubs did the other guys just right off say to you, "bro. why you got mismatched wheels?" Or did you tell them? I suspect you told them like you did us. Otherwise they would never have known. Just saying.

On another note, I'm sorry to hear about your child. That had to be a tough blow.

Sent from iPhone

only difference is different tooling, but they do look the same, only problem is if down the road I try to sell them , the back of the wheels are stamped Made in USA,and stamped Made in China , which makes them a mis-match set of wheels. At that time will be hard convincing the other person that they are a complete set.. there's the problem.. But far as looking at them from the outside they look the same. Thank you for condolence on my son, yes it was a hard blow, I watched him go from a strong 20 yr old young man to when he passed looked like a 12 yr old weak kid.. Aplastic Anemia isn't nothing to laugh about, a cousin to Leukemia.. problem is found out about the his condition Sept 22, 2015 he only lasted til March 6,2016... But he was a fighter till the end... His heart finally gave out..

1 Alibi 2

If not today, when ??????
Reaction score
only difference is different tooling, but they do look the same, only problem is if down the road I try to sell them , the back of the wheels are stamped Made in USA,and stamped Made in China , which makes them a mis-match set of wheels. At that time will be hard convincing the other person that they are a complete set.. there's the problem.. But far as looking at them from the outside they look the same. Thank you for condolence on my son, yes it was a hard blow, I watched him go from a strong 20 yr old young man to when he passed looked like a 12 yr old weak kid.. Aplastic Anemia isn't nothing to laugh about, a cousin to Leukemia.. problem is found out about the his condition Sept 22, 2015 he only lasted til March 6,2016... But he was a fighter till the end... His heart finally gave out..
As a customer, you have no control over where a product you order is made.
As for being a complete set, you have the shipping document & your receipt.
Regarding AM & Shelby, smart business tells you to move your older stock 1st !

onehotpny

forum member
Reaction score
As a customer, you have no control over where a product you order is made.
As for being a complete set, you have the shipping document & your receipt.
Regarding AM & Shelby, smart business tells you to move your older stock 1st !

Never thought of it that way and yes your right, but I have a strong feeling in the future both will have unsatisfied customers, there's a lot of customers that would feel the same as me,they would want the set to be complete USA made since they moved their wheel plant to USA. Even though they are both Shelby made the tooling is redone on the 2016 wheels,reason for the back order being so long to get (over 5 months). The wheels where delayed for a reason.. I'll have to be ok with the wheels , but I promise anything I get in the future will be what I ordered or I'll send it immediately . and no I haven't changed my mind about AM, not a customer any more and never will be again..

joedls

Dragracer wannabe
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
But it sounds to me like you're holding AM accountable for something you assumed, not something they advertised or promised you? If that's the case, can't you see why people on this forum think you're being unreasonable?

cbass

m̶o̶u̶t̶h̶s̶e̶x̶
Reaction score
I'd like to bump this, for everybody who is out shopping today. The lines might suck, and the inventory might run out, but you should be glad you're not shopping in Georgia, where people apparently argue about dumb shit after they have buyer's remorse.

cbass

m̶o̶u̶t̶h̶s̶e̶x̶
Reaction score
They barely do anything on 6g, which is a treasure trove of deep pockets on guys with bad taste. I think they are focusing on social media at this point. That's where Alex went.

fdjizm

Drag Queen
Reaction score
But I need as sweet deal on a steel braided clutch line...

KatoS197

forum member
Reaction score
I'd like to bump this, for everybody who is out shopping today. The lines might suck, and the inventory might run out, but you should be glad you're not shopping in Georgia, where people apparently argue about dumb shit after they have buyer's remorse.

For a second, I was like "Damn this thread is still going?!"

Thanks for the PSA, though. :clap:

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back