I'm new here

Mustangislife500

Reaction score
Hi I have a 2009 mustang gt , the mods so far are flowmaster outlaw axle backs , bassani cut and clamp x pipe so the factory cats are still there. I'm thinking of doing a jlt intake and a tune , I can't make up my mind where I want the tune from . There is a mustang shop just 20 mins away and they have a dynojet so I know I can dynojet tune the car , is it worth it I really don't know I was hoping someone would tell me if it is, I've heard bad things about mail tunes because it's for a car they have never seen before and I want the car to be better than the stock form it came with , everything is stock on the motor down to the paper air filter. Later on I plan on supercharging it with the edelbrock e force ,do longtube headers with hi flow cats , should I even replace the over axle pipe, are their some things that should be made stronger in the 5r55s in order to fully handle 450 plus at the crank? It being my first car and first mustang every upgrade, I am also learning in the process , I really don't know where to go on from here .

KatoS197

forum member
Reaction score
First, welcome. Glad to see you introduced yourself before firing away with your questions. With that being said, every question you asked has been answered numerous times in this forum. Do some research. Everything you could want to know about the 3V S197 is here and then some.

Also, take a minute to read the forum rules. This isn't a tech (by our definition) post.

Grover

forum member
Reaction score
You are pretty much where i was 2 years ago when i first began modding my 09 GT, outlaws was the first thing i put on as well. Heck i even wanted the e-force back then too.

I dropped the e-force plan and went with Department of Boosts GT450 kit. Much cheaper.

As for tune, do you have a laptop? Get a SCT X3or4 and get Lito to remote tune it for you. You can't go wrong there. Miles cheaper then a dyno and better performing car.

Good luck!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mustangislife500

Reaction score
I do have a laptop but I don't wanna do the running my self since it's my dd I need the car everyday ( I work everday ) I think I should stop with the upgrades since I still owe 14k on the car till this day
I just wanna do intake tune and maybe some suspension work , I do have access to a garage and lift so life's good there lolz

Tbone

forum member
Reaction score
SCT x3 or x4 and a email tune is fine. Any decent mustang tuner can do a NA mustang email tune in their sleep. I even got hot rod cams and first tune from brenspeed is spot on, afr gauge reads great. Theyve tuned every combination known. If I was putting on a SC or turbo then I would get a dyno tune. You arent tuning it yourself, they email you the tune, upload them into the tuner, plug it into the obd port and hit program.

I modded the car when I owed on it still, just kept stock parts. Can demod it in a weekend if I like, but I wont. I like my little 3v.

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
You owe 14k on a 09??

There is a ton of info on the board if u look

Simple answer to make the car faster, CAI, tune, rear gears, aluminum driveshaft. Safe and reliable.

Mustangislife500

Reaction score
Yea it was a 2009 gt premium 45 anniversary. Low miles and it was clean and we'll taken care of , mostly highway miles ( bought it with 89k miles ) plus it's my first ever car.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back