Installing a paxton novi 2200.

Juiced 66

forum member
Reaction score
Are there any tricks I need to know about ? I've done a couple blowers myself, but I've never put one on a new coyote motor ? Just trying to find out in advance if theres anytips that may save me some headaches.

Juiced 66

forum member
Reaction score
A couple of my friends say stay away from the paxton and procharger etc.. because they are a pain in the ass to install, and you have to hack the bumper up to do it. I have a lot of people pushing the roush blower but I dont think it can make the power that I want.

stang8psi

forum member
Reaction score
roush, Grinding of front cover!, Paxton/vortech, Trimming the facia!

I would rather trim the facia than the engine cover! It won't be to bad just take your time and trim in small pieces and keep refitting trimming as needed!

MindIfISmoke?

Wrecking Crew
Reaction score
_facebook_-603819804_.jpg

Done in under 6 and I was drunk. Takes 5 min to trim the bumper and it all looks oe once assembled

Juiced 66

forum member
Reaction score
Man thanks for the pics and encouragement ! I want a paxton, and this wont be my first blower to install.. It can't be that damn hard !

MindIfISmoke?

Wrecking Crew
Reaction score
Dude its stupid easy. The bracket comes pre assembled dont take it apart lol. Ill post up more pics man. Pm me with any questions.

gimpy

forum member
Reaction score
A couple of my friends say stay away from the paxton and procharger etc.. because they are a pain in the ass to install, and you have to hack the bumper up to do it. I have a lot of people pushing the roush blower but I dont think it can make the power that I want.

Thats really only for the stage 2 procharger. Even with trimming the bumper it only took me 5-6 hours total on the initial install. Now that I have pulled this car apart a few thousand times I can install a procharger in about 3 hours flat!

zemog255

Custom User Title
Reaction score
http://www.powerblocktv.com/player/show_player.php?ep_show=HP&ep_num=HP2012-12

This is for the vortech but same thing. I haven't seen anyone that has actually installed one complain about the bumper trimming. Let us know how it goes, I'm just waiting to get a few miles on the car before I go ripping it apart. Are you going to be doing billet oil pump gears also? Thats the install I'm not looking forward to.

STROKED2VALVE

Reaction score
I'll be doing the paxton install next weekend. I did a procharger install on a 2000 GT and this paxton kit does seem to have quite a few more pieces. The paxton kit is the best bang for the buck!

8WOOD

forum member
Reaction score
I'd never done a centrifugal type install before. I did it with a 50 dollar tool set from wal-mart. I took it to a shop to have them cut the valance. It cost me 50 bucks and they did an amazing job. Took me about 9 hours. But i'd never done that type of supercharger. Roush and whipple, you have to grind down the cam cover ( i think it's the cam cover, but I know you have to grind some part for the belt) on the engine and splice/cut some wires.

Last edited:

KalEl370

Reaction score
Just do it! Seriously, as far as the trimming, no one can tell once it's put back together. I may be a little biased but I think the Paxton is the best bang or the buck. My bro-in-law and I did it in around 10 hours, but we took our time, a lot of breaks, and drank plenty of beer. If you have a Boss IM, you will see over 600rwhp easy with a custom tune. Good luck.
IMAG0720.jpg

Juiced 66

forum member
Reaction score
Yep, I have the boss intake, and long tubes/full catless exhaust. I'm going to do it myself, everywhere wants around $1200 for labor to install it and injectors.. Screw that. I'm planning on making around 700 rwhp with this setup.

MindIfISmoke?

Wrecking Crew
Reaction score
Yep, I have the boss intake, and long tubes/full catless exhaust. I'm going to do it myself, everywhere wants around $1200 for labor to install it and injectors.. Screw that. I'm planning on making around 700 rwhp with this setup.
Your going to have to pulley down then. The white car has long tubes/catless mid/72# injectors/bap/boss mani/ and layed down 641@7psi

Juiced 66

forum member
Reaction score
I do plan on running a smaller pulley, I'd like to keep it somewhat mild for a pump gas tune and then play with the timing and race fuel for a track tune.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back