Invitation: Homestead-Miami Speedway Perf Driving Academy Nov 30/FARA 500 Race Dec 1

fastduo

forum member
Reaction score
(From Stangs of South Florida and Muscle Stangs of Miami site-invitation extended to all Mustang clubs/forum members and related track enthusiasts)

Okay Folks.

Our good friend and now FARA staff member Rene' (Fastduo) has successfully negotiated some nice discounts and opportunities for those who would like to get their feet wet at a performance driving academy.
November 30th is the next Academy at Homestead-Miami Speedway, which to me is one of the most fun, friendly and convenient local tracks. You get to really open your beast up in the back and front straights, and then pull G's that you never imagined your car could do, even in stock form.
At the next event they will be offering something new for those who want to give road course a try, but not exactly break the bank. For only $75.00 bucks you can go through a classroom instruction session, then a full session out on the road course with an instructor in your own car.
For those ready to go for the gusto we have another great special. The rate for the fully day HPDE Academy is normally $299.00. If I can get five sign ups-or if this is your first time with FARA it will drop $25.00 for the day. The nice part about racing at Homestead is the use of pit garages (first come, first serve). I am awaiting on confirmation that we can be guaranteed the spaces once we get them, as there was an issue on us vs. race cars at the last event. I will confirm that we have that resolved. Outside of that, it is a great place to bring family due to lots of great spectator spots and lots to see. In addition anybody who participates on Saturday gets up to 10 tickets for the FARA 500 race the following day. FARA puts on a fantastic, festival like event with food trucks, a car show, vendors, live bands, an MC and DJ's with upbeat music piped throughout the venue. This is no mundane track event. It is a specticle not to be missed.
Please post up if you have interest or any questions. Do not think that you need a full blown race setup and tires to try this. As long as your tires are in good shape, you have decent brake pads and a recommended brake bleed, you are good to go. If you have skills and think you will be running at a fast pace, then competition brake pads and high temp fluid are recommended.
If we have good participation the $75 test drive, I am sure we can make it a regular thing. We are looking at a pre-reg cut off on Nov 20th so we can make sure there are enough instructors for the test drive.
If you are interested you can sign up online at http://www.farausa.com/
Make sure you write "Test Drive" in the comments section or "mustang club" if you sign up for the full day. That way the registrar will know what to charge you accordingly.
Please reply here with any questions or you can pm me as well.
Thank you and we would love to have you join us on Nov 30th and on Dec 1st to watch the season finally road race, the FARA 500.
Here are some photos from last month event. Use the drop down arrow on the right to see the rest.... http://www.photoreflect.com/store/ThumbPage.aspx?e=9093924&g=0A6J00FY0J

Sharad

Site Sponsor
Official Vendor
Reaction score
Wow. That is a STEAL! It's worth the $75 just to "see" Miami-Homestead from on-track. I'm seriously considering this one. (schedule pending) Thanks for posting!

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back