Is a K&N (or analogous) re-usable air filter element available for the 2010 GT500??

MrClean

Marc; but I go by MrClean
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
K&N doesn't list one being available...do any of the vendors have an alternative product available?

JeremyH

3V Fuel Guru
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Are you looking for a flat(paper style) filter to go in the stock air box or cone style filter?

JeremyH

3V Fuel Guru
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Did the air box change in 2010? I dont't believe they did but not sure, you call any one of these companies to find out. Or just hit up JLT for a sweet gt500 cai :)

Last edited:

MrClean

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Did the air box change in 2010? I dont't believe they did but not sure, you can any one of these companies to find out. Or just hit up JLT for a sweet gt500 cai :)

The 2010 GT500 air boxes are a factory CAI, with a duct from the grill directing outside air straight to the conical air filter. The thing is that the conical filter element is paper, and not re-usable like a K&N

Tucker

forum member
Reaction score
We just got replacement filters in for the 2010 GT500

Thanks
Jay

MrClean

S197 Team Member
Reaction score

Thanks...sweet car! :)

Looks like Jay has you covered there too, lots of 2010 GT500 stuff in his JLT vendor section.
http://www.s197forum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=108

We just got replacement filters in for the 2010 GT500

Thanks
Jay

Thanks, Jay. Ordered one! As for the wire mesh, I think it was installed to prevent a rock or some hard object from entering the cold air snorkel in the 2010 GT500 grill, penetrating the paper filter, and getting sucked into the SC. Wasn't clear on the JLT web picture, but I assume the JLT replacement filter is of the typical K&N design, whereby the cotton filter element is held in place by a wire mesh of it's own, obviating the nessecity for the other wire mesh...correct Jay?

Last edited:

Tucker

forum member
Reaction score
Thanks, Jay. Ordered one! As for the wire mesh, I think it was installed to prevent a rock or some hard object from entering the cold air snorkel in the 2010 GT500 grill, penetrating the paper filter, and getting sucked into the SC. Wasn't clear on the JLT web picture, but I assume the JLT replacement filter is of the typical K&N design, whereby the cotton filter element is held in place by a wire mesh of it's own, obviating the nessecity for the other wire mesh...correct Jay?
Yes, cotton filter.
The screen it to srtaighten the air out across the MAF. These filters flow very well and do not need them.
CAI's have been removing the screens in Fords for years.

Jay

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back