Is MGW Working on the 2011 GT

MGW

Official Vendor
Reaction score
i was curious if MGW is working on a short shift for the new 2011 5.0 mustangs??

ironically, i JUST took delivery of my 2011 project car. man the shifter in this thing is weird!!!

i am getting a VERY odd 5th gear lockout problem ...its like it just does NOT wanna go into 5th.

but yes to answer your question i am working on it now

george

luillo

forum member
Reaction score
ironically, i JUST took delivery of my 2011 project car. man the shifter in this thing is weird!!!

i am getting a VERY odd 5th gear lockout problem ...its like it just does NOT wanna go into 5th.

george

great. i just see great threads and post of the MGW products. I think the 5.0 shifter is ok but i feel it definitely have room for improvements. When i test drove my car and up until last month the shifter was really hard to get used to put it on gear but now feels better, at least i have not miss shifts, but definitely it will be great to have a short 2-3-4 shift into gears.

SO, these customer will be here waiting!!! LOL

IHVOCD

forum member
Reaction score

george
Our local dealership has a 2011 5.0 and 5th gear has the same problem your having. They are having to replace the tranny because there is not any replacement parts for them yet. You might have your dealership look into it.

Reaction score

george

Thats awesome. I had you guys' shifter in my 2008 and nothing else will absolutely measure up. I cannot wait for it to hit the market.

Chip

Reaction score

george

George it's been a couple of months now, are you getting close to releasing the new shifter? Did you ever get your problem fixed shifting from 4th to 5th?

MGW

Official Vendor
Reaction score
George it's been a couple of months now, are you getting close to releasing the new shifter? Did you ever get your problem fixed shifting from 4th to 5th?

stil lworking on it but yes i am making alot of changes that other shifters on the market do not address.

you guys know me by now lol...i take FOREVER to join the party but i alwasy have the best costume !!! lol :beerchug2::rock:

RazorbackMustang

MT82 Lover
Reaction score
stil lworking on it but yes i am making alot of changes that other shifters on the market do not address.

you guys know me by now lol...i take FOREVER to join the party but i alwasy have the best costume !!! lol :beerchug2::rock:

+1

I'll never use any other aftermarket shifter. MGW FTW!

Gray Ghost GT

Road Racing Fanatic!
Reaction score
+1 George, I use your shifter in both my Mustang and Corvette - excellent quality - the only shifter I would ever use! Mike

Towelly

forum member
Reaction score
This is great news! I'll be waiting for your Shifter. Have on in my '06 and can't say enough good things about it! Ordering my 2011 soon! Can't wait to have your product's in my car again!

RedMosesSC

Reaction score
+1 George, I use your shifter in both my Mustang and Corvette - excellent quality - the only shifter I would ever use! Mike

My 2nd S197, my 2nd MGW shifter. George's customer service is second to none. If i had a 5.0/6spd i would wait...

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back