Is the clutch in a 2010 GT500 a wet clutch? Clutch is grabby after 1 week of no use..

MrClean

Marc; but I go by MrClean
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
When I drive the car after a week of not using it, usually when I travel, the clutch seems "grabby" and not smooth....is it because the clutch is a "wet clutch" and only a portion of it remains wet after a period of not using it, and the part that dries is the grabbing and not allowing a smooth engagement?

19COBRA93

Ford Racing
Reaction score
It's not a motorcycle. The clutch in the 2010 is very similar to every other Mustang clutch out there aside from it being a twin disc design. Otherwise it's got a pressure plate and flywheel and there's no fluid involved at all.

MrClean

Marc; but I go by MrClean
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
The issue is that after about a week of not driving the car, the clutch is grabby...it doesn't engage smoothly. I know I've read on this forum of other new-style twin-disk GT500 clutches doing this. I was wondering what causes it. If I drive the car constantly, there's no issue. when I come back from traveling, after a bout a week of not driving, it does this for a couple of days and then it goes away again.

Note that it did this from the begining, before I ever installed the ASP pulley/tune.

Boozshey

Reaction score
Dude grabby is a bad descrition for a clutch. You want the clutch to grab. The opposite would be slip.

Do you mean it gets stuck in gear. If so, its your slave.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back