Just about had enough...

NYShelby

forum member
Reaction score
So i'm kinda new here and met some good people and had some great purchases. But i recently had my first bad experience, i purcahsed a set of steeda BILLET deletes according to seller Fast 3V and when they arrives they where just the cast ones. I'm new to these cars and didn't know the difference till i saw them when they arrives and saw they aren't shiney like billet (think anyone knows that lol). I had even asked him in a PM if they where the economy or BILLET and he said BILLET. He even had me outbid anothe member. I was very disappointed when they arrived, so i emailed him, he said i don't know what you are talking about, plus took 2 weeks to arrive. I emailed him and gave him an opportunity to just refund me a few dollars since they weren't what i asked for and NO reply so i'm not happy. Don't like receiving less than i agreed on. Just want what i paid for.

05stroker

Never enough power guy!
Reaction score
So i'm kinda new here and met some good people and had some great purchases. But i recently had my first bad experience, i purcahsed a set of steeda BILLET deletes according to seller Fast 3V and when they arrives they where just the cast ones. I'm new to these cars and didn't know the difference till i saw them when they arrives and saw they aren't shiney like billet (think anyone knows that lol). I had even asked him in a PM if they where the economy or BILLET and he said BILLET. He even had me outbid anothe member. I was very disappointed when they arrived, so i emailed him, he said i don't know what you are talking about, plus took 2 weeks to arrive. I emailed him and gave him an opportunity to just refund me a few dollars since they weren't what i asked for and NO reply so i'm not happy. Don't like receiving less than i agreed on. Just want what i paid for.
This should be in the bad sellers thread , not here .

EDIT: Just saw it there aswell .

NYShelby

forum member
Reaction score
oops sorry, retyped i there, i'm learning, wasn't sure where to place, thanks guys

spudlicker

Reaction score
I'm new to your board. There are a few ideas so far that might reduce problems but.... scamming, cons and ripoffs are as old as the hills. stopping it is next to impossible for a police force let alone an administrator. If tossing it were the best thing then Ebay would have folded years ago instead of being a multi billion dollar business. Don't their safeguards like ratings and especially Paypal help considerably?. Fact is everyone who shops on a forum should know there are risks. I am currently considering a tuner and a cai, the first thing to look at is the itrader from there its buyer beware. There is no sure thing just common sense and even then the best of us can lose. Just keep the classifieds. If I feel that unsure I will just pay full price and buy from an established vendor. Oh wait.... will that solve it?

VTXFrank

Obama SUCKS!
Reaction score
That's ridiculous that you guys have to put up with this. Makes me scared to sell/buy anything.

Just ask about the person you're looking to deal with. The forum, as a whole, will let you know if they are legit or not. Check out the iTrader comments as well. Anyone with a Green name means it's a vendor. All of our vendors are good folks to work with.

Blk07ShelbyGT

Reaction score
Just ask about the person you're looking to deal with. The forum, as a whole, will let you know if they are legit or not. Check out the iTrader comments as well. Anyone with a Green name means it's a vendor. All of our vendors are good folks to work with.

Atleast there is that I can check. I'm new to this forum and when I saw all the stickys I was like oh crap. Lol

2NY

icedesign
Reaction score
Atleast there is that I can check. I'm new to this forum and when I saw all the stickys I was like oh crap. Lol

Most of the people on here are legit and the guys that have sold a couple things with the user ratings are legit usually. Thats why we have the new classified rules and such and from what I know, seems to have helped a lot in keeping scammers in their place. Dont be scared to buy anything, I have bought all of my parts off this forum and never had a problem.

Blk07ShelbyGT

Reaction score
Most of the people on here are legit and the guys that have sold a couple things with the user ratings are legit usually. Thats why we have the new classified rules and such and from what I know, seems to have helped a lot in keeping scammers in their place. Dont be scared to buy anything, I have bought all of my parts off this forum and never had a problem.

Lol hey I know you. I'm more afraid to sell my exhaust. That's why i posted it up on CMC first.

Taxman

One foot out the door
Reaction score
Just for the record, this is the best classified of any forum I'm on. I've already picked up a couple of things and I've only been on the forum a week. I really like how organized it is, and I hope that you have eliminated the scamming that you were talking about in the OP.

This forum is really well run. Good job.

Steedman07

Classified's Moderator:)
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Just for the record, this is the best classified of any forum I'm on. I've already picked up a couple of things and I've only been on the forum a week. I really like how organized it is, and I hope that you have eliminated the scamming that you were talking about in the OP.

This forum is really well run. Good job.

As far as I know, no one has gotten scammed since the new rules were put in place...:clap:

HAPPY HIPPO

forum member
Reaction score
this is the best classifieds i have ever seen. I have picked up a few parts myself in the past week. I hope some asshole doesn't screw this up and it gets removed. I need my second hand parts.

BigRis

forum member
Reaction score
Well while trying to decide about selling some springs on here. I read a bunch of drama in the Bad sellers thread. I used to own a Jeep and on that foroum I bought and sold many parts but it was almost always face to face cash only. So I never had a issue. But since everyone here is all over the country I figured that face to face was out. Anyway in the mean time I get contacted about selling the springs. With all the issues going on in the parts section lately and me with no Itrader . the buyer and I were trying to work out the best option on handling the sale.
Well being honest and tired of all the BS I just gave the buyer a price and said I will send you the parts . When you get them send me a cashiers check. So screw it I am tired of reading about bad buyers and sellers. It is time people start putting some value on their word. It amazes me that someone would trade their good name for $.
So I sent out the springs and either was going to get burned or prove that their are guys out there that also value their good name over $$$.
Well the springs were delivered Thursday and today I got a pm with a tracking number for a check the guy sent back using two day air. Funny thing is that the guy sticking to his word means more than the money .

Steedman07

Classified's Moderator:)
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Well while trying to decide about selling some springs on here. I read a bunch of drama in the Bad sellers thread. I used to own a Jeep and on that foroum I bought and sold many parts but it was almost always face to face cash only. So I never had a issue. But since everyone here is all over the country I figured that face to face was out. Anyway in the mean time I get contacted about selling the springs. With all the issues going on in the parts section lately and me with no Itrader . the buyer and I were trying to work out the best option on handling the sale.
Well being honest and tired of all the BS I just gave the buyer a price and said I will send you the parts . When you get them send me a cashiers check. So screw it I am tired of reading about bad buyers and sellers. It is time people start putting some value on their word. It amazes me that someone would trade their good name for $.
So I sent out the springs and either was going to get burned or prove that their are guys out there that also value their good name over $$$.
Well the springs were delivered Thursday and today I got a pm with a tracking number for a check the guy sent back using two day air. Funny thing is that the guy sticking to his word means more than the money .

I agree, but too bad peoples "word" doesnt mean shit on a national public forum. You got lucky this time, but be wary that you will get fucked at some point by putting your faith on someones word that you never met before..Good luck..I will say if you sell/buy parts this way, and you get burned, we dont want to hear about it..We meaning S197forum mods..

BigRis

forum member
Reaction score
I agree, but too bad peoples "word" doesnt mean shit on a national public forum. You got lucky this time, but be wary that you will get fucked at some point by putting your faith on someones word that you never met before..Good luck..I will say if you sell/buy parts this way, and you get burned, we dont want to hear about it..We meaning S197forum mods..

Agreed if I do this again an get burned its on me. I will not cry to you guys. I do not think it is your guys ( mods)job to baby sit. I did pm the guy a few times and got a gut feeling he was trust worthy. It might have been luck but I think it was more of checking his I-trader, and taking the time to pm the guy a few times. Actually I really think he was more worried about being burned than I was. Even after I told him I would send the parts and he could pay me after he got them he was a little hesitant.
Yeah some people will say I was stupid to trust a guy I didnt know. But I am glad that it worked out that he is another one, of many I am sure that deal here, that value his reputation over a few bucks.
So bottom line is we shouldnt let a few idiots taint the reputation of all the other guys who buy and sell parts here.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back