Just about had enough...

Flapjack

Lunatic engine swapper
Reaction score
I just found this thread, and must say, I'm guilty of not using itrader after a transaction. If you have bought/sold something from me, please PM me so I can fix it.

FWIW, I think S197 has the best classified section in the net. It would be a shame to see it shut down because of a few douchebags.

Sent from my Android using Tapatalk

Bullitt3478

forum member
Reaction score
Agreed if I do this again an get burned its on me. I will not cry to you guys. I do not think it is your guys ( mods)job to baby sit. I did pm the guy a few times and got a gut feeling he was trust worthy. It might have been luck but I think it was more of checking his I-trader, and taking the time to pm the guy a few times. Actually I really think he was more worried about being burned than I was. Even after I told him I would send the parts and he could pay me after he got them he was a little hesitant.
Yeah some people will say I was stupid to trust a guy I didnt know. But I am glad that it worked out that he is another one, of many I am sure that deal here, that value his reputation over a few bucks.
So bottom line is we shouldnt let a few idiots taint the reputation of all the other guys who buy and sell parts here.

I'm glad it worked out for both of us James.There are still MEN out there who care about their reputation amongst other men.

BigRis

forum member
Reaction score
I'm glad it worked out for both of us James.There are still MEN out there who care about their reputation amongst other men.

While opening my check that arrived, by UPS 2 day , I was reading the "Bad Seller" thread. Seems there is more drama brewing. this was so simple. I was contacted by Bullitt3478 abot some springs. We settled on a price I ran down to UPS and sent them out. A few days later I get a pm that the parts arrived and the check was going out the next day by UPS and here is the tracking number. Today a big brown truck rolls up with a envelope with a cashiers check from a major bank. No worries , No issues. ,no hassle.
If guys would communicate to make sure that both are clear on the terms of the deal, keep there word and follow through. We would have alot less issues. I feel that 95% of the guys on here are good guys. its the few idiots that stand out.

JEWC_Motorsports

S197 Junkie
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
What in the fuck is wrong with you douche bags? Why cant you just follow the fucking rules? Once ok a mistake but constantly having the mods have to babysit is getting fucking ridiculous. Get the fuck off our forum if you cant follow the rules............./rant.

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
yeah, I just saw, he's nicer than I am... :lol:

GIG4FUN

Rock 'n' Roll Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
What in the fuck is wrong with you douche bags? Why cant you just follow the fucking rules? Once ok a mistake but constantly having the mods have to babysit is getting fucking ridiculous. Get the fuck off our forum if you cant follow the rules............./rant.

yeah, I just saw, he's nicer than I am... :lol:

:clap:for sure

crownaviation

http://www.tudyno.com/
Reaction score
You guys should pink 1 day first offense. 7 days second offense.. Posting pics and following rules is not fucking that hard. Sorry to inconvenience people hat don't have pics... But they are getting to post free here so fuck them..

Will have pics soon is horse shit

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Thats ok other sites will take my money just trying to advertise my business.

selling as a vendor requires special status, if that's what you're looking to do, message Kimmer and see if he's taking on new vendors.

classified rules are clearly posted in the sticky on the top of the subforum.

DiMora

More Is Better
Reaction score
I can't get iTrader to work? Is it down? It says I don't have sufficient privileges. I'm logged in and trying to leave Franchi positive feedback for a car cover I picked up from him.

Shaggy

Head PooBaa of the Asylum
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Try it now.

sbt1320

forum member
Reaction score
I can speak from experience in dealing with a deal gone bad that had PayPal involved. After doing as much diligence as possible on a 5K purchase through another site it went bad, real bad.
Having tried to resolve the issue with the seller without success I reached out to PayPal as the moneys were transferred through them for Goods/Services. They got involved and with good communication with them they worked to get my cash returned. Now they are not going to cut a check until they have exhausted their resources or 30 days has passed after you file a case with them.
They were in the process of finalizing the process to issue my cash when the dirt ball refunded the 5K.
Was it one phone call? NO. Was it completely painless? NO. Did they stand behind the sale? Yes.
Buyer beware...Do you due diligence, and cover your ass!!!

I send money as a gift to avoid the paypal fee's and knock on wood have had no issues.

I have also read/heard about people sending money via paypal marked as goods and still not being reimbursed from paypal.

weather man

Persistance Is A Bitch
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I heard paypal extended the time limit to 6 months?

sdleo29

forum member
Reaction score
People are crazy... just do what you say ,say what you do.. I had pretty good experiences so far, albeit, I am slightly North of being a Newb...the classified section here is the best and most well managed I have seen on forums. I guess there is always a person looking to get over on someone though. Not sure if I would ever do a deal of 5k or something like without physically being there to see and touch it. Bad piggy story is nuts.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back