Just out of curiosity....

Germeezy3

forum member
Reaction score
What tweedle dumb was trying to say is those mods will push your power range up high, meaning you will have to be pushing the car around the street more than you normally would to feel any oomph, a loss of low end power on a 200hp car is MUCH more noticable than a loss of torque on a 300-400hp car... basically if you start feeling your power kick in at 4000-5000rpm your car is going to feel like a dog on the street :beer:

Also, with heads/cams, if you get an aggressive enough cam, you will have low vacuum issues, which really affects the drivability in day to day traffic. This is probably what Germeezy was referring too. The heads won't really cause this by themselves, but to take advantage of the higher flowing heads, you need deeper cams. Don't know if you've ever driven around in a cammed out car before, but you get into stop and go traffic and life gets frustrating VERY fast.

S/C and go. No issues like the built top end.

good deal, procharger, you'll be happy. Lots of V6 procharged people and cars around. Not so many on this board, but other forums maybe ? I think there's a f/i V6 board somewhere ? I dunno, you'll be OK here too. Lots of good info and people who know shit, I mean real shit not what color neons to put under a 98 cavalier.

I was meaning driveability as a whole, and the other guys did a good job on explaining. Basically the valve events that are designed for production cars are designed to have a good idle quality and powerband not to make power. In order to move more air you may have to not only rev it higher but get more aggressive with the valve events which will give you a noticeably different driveability.

Fake_Snake

FAUX GT500
Reaction score
bronx.. i can speak for all three.. procharger, head cams, and turbo, and also nitrous...

i would go with a turbo only .. if your gonna tear into the block i would save the funds all around and do a swap.. to a v8 platform...

ive spent well over $4X,XXX with this final build COMBINED with my other two build ups and wish i woulda just went with it from the start.

Germeezy3

forum member
Reaction score
bronx.. i can speak for all three.. procharger, head cams, and turbo, and also nitrous...

i would go with a turbo only .. if your gonna tear into the block i would save the funds all around and do a swap.. to a v8 platform...

ive spent well over $4X,XXX with this final build COMBINED with my other two build ups and wish i woulda just went with it from the start.

This man speaks the truth, a guy I know has a 4.2 turbo six in a New Edge and the car looks bone stock but its nasty!

VTXFrank

Obama SUCKS!
Reaction score
When I was out looking for a used S197 a couple of years after they first came out, I got to ride in a guys turbo'ed and built 4.2L V6 'Stang. I'd have to admit that even with my 5.0L, I don't think I could beat that car. But it drove like ass in the lower RPM range. Still, it would have been worth it to have that kinda power. I just decided to wait for the 5.0 to come out and start with a much stronger platform.

Germeezy3

forum member
Reaction score
When I was out looking for a used S197 a couple of years after they first came out, I got to ride in a guys turbo'ed and built 4.2L V6 'Stang. I'd have to admit that even with my 5.0L, I don't think I could beat that car. But it drove like ass in the lower RPM range. Still, it would have been worth it to have that kinda power. I just decided to wait for the 5.0 to come out and start with a much stronger platform.

He must have had too big of a turbo on the setup, they typically are really strong in the midrange and build boost early with a properly sized turbo.

Fake_Snake

FAUX GT500
Reaction score
05-09 ar 4.0 L i dont think anyone ever went with a stroker kit ?...

yes there are several kitsout but the most popular kit and well know is the Powerhouse Automotive one.

There isnt much lag time and its pretty much all mid range i was at 4XX/4XX wth my set up 1st time out.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back