LCA brackets needed?

corey5988

forum member
Reaction score
I've had my car to the track several times. I believe I have met my highest potential with the crappy street tires. My best time was a 12.846 @ 107.xx with a 60' of 2.0x. Oddly enough my second best time was a 12.904 with a 1.9x 60. With the exception of the first time I had the car out, I've fought intermittent traction issues. I have ordered a set of "junker" wheels and a new set of 28x9-15 MT ET drags. Other related mods are UMI poly end tubular LCAs & PHB, Tein S.tech coils with stock struts/shocks (I know), torque limiters, & poly filled tranny/motor mounts. I'm wondering if I will really need the LCA brackets with the addition of the slicks. I've decided not to persue sub-10s with the car, as I have a dedicated drag vehicle project. I do, however, want to take the car occasionally to have fun with until I finish the project. If the brackets will make a huge improvement, in itself, I will get them. I would rather allocate the funds toward my project though, if the reward won't be major.

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
how much lower does the car sit with the coil overs?

corey5988

forum member
Reaction score
It's just coils, but it's pretty low.

s197_zps897f289b.png

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
If the car sits more than 1.5" lower than stock, then yes it will benefit from LCA re-loc brackets

(I cant see the picture - firewall)

skwerl

tree hugger
Reaction score
Absolutely. Walk out to your car and look at the lower control arms as they sit. Notice how the back (axle) end is higher than the front end? That is bad. When you take off you have no downward force on the rear axle. You want the axle end of the control arms slightly lower than the front end.

BMR Tech

Traction Vendor
Official Vendor
Reaction score
I recommend them, absolutely.

Any drop more than 1" benefits from them greatly. Any drop <1" or stock height, benefits greatly from a dropped UCA Mount like ours, or others who make a lowe rmount in the same position as ours.

The AS/IC on a stock S197 isn't very effective...

corey5988

forum member
Reaction score
Gonna grab some up. Tried to give you a call, but were on the other line. Left a message. Just give me a call when you're free.

skwerl

tree hugger
Reaction score
Gonna grab some up. Tried to give you a call, but were on the other line. Left a message. Just give me a call when you're free.

Kelly is always on the other line. I hear for Christmas his boss is getting him a bluetooth device surgically implanted directly into his ear. :clap:

BMR Tech

Traction Vendor
Official Vendor
Reaction score
Half the postys I make, Im on the phone - so don't pay attention to me. ;)

corey5988

forum member
Reaction score
Actually just got, what I think is, a really good deal in the classifieds that popped up literally 5 minutes after I posted that. Atleast they're hammertone BMRs. Thanks again guys.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back