Lift points.

allworknoplay

New to the streets
Reaction score
Okay so I have looked up on the forums and “Facebook forums” but I have not found a legit answer for; could I weld in plates for a single jack point on the frame rails or would it be best to buy a jacking rail system (Steeda) I would like to jack the car from the sides at track events rather than going front to rear. I have the metal and the welding equipment but wanting opinions on doing this and what you think would be best.

Have stick, mig, and tig welders and a variety of plate thickness so please feel free to leave your preference if any.

Wes06

forum member
Reaction score
If you have the metal and welding experience/equipment, id just throw some rails/pads in there to jack from.

Put a center round pad barely below the rocker panel for the jack to cup around, and something just inboard of both wheel's to set on jack stands. preferably a shape that lends itself to centering the jack and preventing sliding around

allworknoplay

New to the streets
Reaction score
If you have the metal and welding experience/equipment, id just throw some rails/pads in there to jack from.

Put a center round pad barely below the rocker panel for the jack to cup around, and something just inboard of both wheel's to set on jack stands. preferably a shape that lends itself to centering the jack and preventing sliding around

That is along the line of what I was thinking. Just wanting other opinions before I do anything.

Gabe

Whippled Coyote
Reaction score
I have the Steeda jacking rails and really like them.
I jack the car up on each side once and set the stands under the rails at their front and at their rear, and the car sits level

Gabe

Whippled Coyote
Reaction score
27219506589_ca668fd68e_o.jpg

27219506759_37523cac82_o.jpg

ghunt81

New parts on old junk!
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I need to get those things, except I can't jack my car from the sides in my garage...not enough room. Might be handy for easy jack stand placement though.

travelers

Reaction score
I jack the car up on each side once and set the stands under the rails at their front and at their rear, and the car sits level

I have the same ones and they work great. They just bolt in so they can be removed if need be.

Wes06

forum member
Reaction score
It's a set of rails, used to Jack a car up, made by Steeda, use Google/common sense man.

linderpat

Reaction score
:cheers: Yup, looked it up. Great product, and I will get them. Had no idea these things were there. Will make lifting for all of the regular jobs so much easier.

Wes06

forum member
Reaction score
yup, keeps you from crushing pinch welds, Ive been planning on getting some but havnt got around to it yet. did make a jacking pad out of a hockey puck though

06 T-RED S/C GT

forum member
Reaction score

Gabe, is there any drilling involved or do these bolt right into the factory mounting locations ?

Last edited:

Gabe

Whippled Coyote
Reaction score
Yes, highly recommended you clean out the rear threaded holes before attempting to put a screw into them, since they've been open to the elements for years by now, they'll be rusty

06 T-RED S/C GT

forum member
Reaction score
Yes, highly recommended you clean out the rear threaded holes before attempting to put a screw into them, since they've been open to the elements for years by now, they'll be rusty

What would you best recommend for cleaning out the threaded holes with ?

travelers

Reaction score
The nice thing about the Steeda ones is they are almost the full length of the side and you can put the jack stands anywhere along the rail.

The orange one is nicely made.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back