little race from this past weekend

kevinatfms

EX-ford tech(6 years)
Reaction score
05 gt 4.6 w/ 3650 - 358whp - H/C/IM 4.10's + full bolt-ons

09 cobalt ss/tc 6mt - 310whp - intake, downpipe, tune

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rJNA6lFKDTs

its a friendly race between me and a buddy who just got his car tuned. cobalt got 1 car on a 40 roll and was brake boosting.

kevinatfms

EX-ford tech(6 years)
Reaction score
4.10's vs his top end. 310whp in a car that light is very hard to compete with on a roll. rematch soon once I get my X3 back from SCT and can get my nitrous tune done.

AnotherS197

forum member
Reaction score
Those cobalts can be mean little cars! I've got a friend with a turbo'd 4 door that I went to the track this past weekend. He was running real well. Also have a friend with a supercharged coupe now running e85. Both ran 13.5's.

Also have a friend with a supercharged ion redline (basically a cobalt ss) running on e85 with injectors and 18#. He walked me fairly well from a roll when I had mufflers and a tune.

kevinatfms

EX-ford tech(6 years)
Reaction score
Hopefully next time Kevin. Do you still retain residence in VA/MD still when your not racing in Mexico?

lol only drive in mexico on Friday and Saturday nights. still in the Germantown area and we still meet at the same spot. hit me up sometime and head on up. we race just about everything, even my elantra daily beater....

kevinatfms

EX-ford tech(6 years)
Reaction score
Those cobalts can be mean little cars! I've got a friend with a turbo'd 4 door that I went to the track this past weekend. He was running real well. Also have a friend with a supercharged coupe now running e85. Both ran 13.5's.

Also have a friend with a supercharged ion redline (basically a cobalt ss) running on e85 with injectors and 18#. He walked me fairly well from a roll when I had mufflers and a tune.

oh I know all about those cars. a friend had the fastest ion redline for a while. I ended up doing most of the work to his car in my garage. he had a ton of gm performance stuff along with parts from bwoody(before they were big), zzp and a bunch of others. he used to tune the car himself and it made a TON of power.

as for this cobalt, they are even faster than the older ones, which the guy who has this one now had a supercharged version. once I get my nitrous tune ill get another video and see what happens up top.

Back