Lowered it, now right side pops.

bumblebee06

Speed Demon
Reaction score
I just lowered my car about 3 weeks ago. Did the Eibach Pro Kit from AM. I just ordered the camber bolts and gonna have them put on with and alignment. The issue is the last two days my car makes this pop sound (like a joint rubbing in the socket) every time i go over a rough patch of road or any decent size bump. I cant stand it cuz its getting worse as if its getting more sensitive.

When i ddi my springs i did have the ball joint from the front sway bar on the right side pop off. I used a ball joint press to push it back on.

Did the ball joint popping off cause this issue? Is it the negative camber causing the issue? What can i do to fix this?

Joser281

Reaction score
Do you have GT500 strut mounts? I've read that the stock ones sometimes are the culprit. also double check if the sway bar end links aren't loose. That's what happened to me once. It turned out it was the passenger side sway bar endlink that somehow got loose. (I probably forgot to torque it down good enough, lol)

stang389

forum member
Reaction score
check your sway bar endlinks that there tight sounds like the endlink from the strut to the sway bar is what is making the noise

bumblebee06

Speed Demon
Reaction score
well what i also heard is the spring it self isn't settled properly. so tom im gonna take off the wheel and have a look see. tighten up the bolts and make sure the spring is good as well.

waketek516

Pedal to the Metal!
Reaction score
Tighten the shit out of the bolts on the front swaybar endlinks.

You need two wrenches to do it iirc

Mind did the same thing.

bumblebee06

Speed Demon
Reaction score
problem fixed. the top of the link connected to the strut was uber loose. so i tightened it down and problem fixed.

stang03

forum member
Reaction score
Very common problem., myself and my roomie had the same thing

Infamous05

forum member
Reaction score
x2 on the loctite. Make sure you you use a combination of an 8mm and 18mm to tighten it down. And I used the red gel loctite only because I didn't want loctite dripping all over everything else.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back