Lowered On 20's? Post Your Pics!

kazman59

King of Kazmania
Reaction score

Well, this would be as good of a time as any to see the character of MMD as a company. Seems as the product is failing, does it really matter who bought them?

What's the worst they can tell you? Go pound sand?

o2sys

forum member
Reaction score
I agreed, all their wheels are engraved in the back or behind the spokes with their name or logo and are the only ones selling them.

Pardue

forum member
Reaction score
It's water under the bridge now. I already spent the money and moved on. With that being said, i'll never buy another MMD product.

redfirepearlgt

forum member
Reaction score
Well it has taken a while but the rake is right, the front is finally lowered (needed GT500 BMR drag springs to get the height right due to the added weight of the PD SC). Then some issues with the stripes which required going lighter and being redone because they were also starting to lift. And last the wheels after I got them (in spite of them being Vossen) just weren't working for me. Had the car been black they would have been a better fit IMHO. But I decided to go back with my gut instinct and went with a 5 spoke silver with machined face wheel.

Last edited:

Gabe

Whippled Coyote
Reaction score
Well it has taken a while but the rake is right, the front is finally lowered (needed GT500 BMR drag springs to get the height right due to the added weight of the PD SC). Then some issues with the stripes which required going lighter and being redone because they were also starting to lift. And last the wheels after I got them (in spite of them being Vossen) just weren't working for me. Had the car been black they would have been a better fit IMHO. But I decided to go back with my gut instinct and went with a 5 spoke silver with machined face wheel.

Looks great. What wheels sizes/offsets and tire sizes are you running?
Also, did you do just the front springs?

redfirepearlgt

forum member
Reaction score
Looks great. What wheels sizes/offsets and tire sizes are you running?
Also, did you do just the front springs?

Thanks.

Front has been done but was the first time I had with camera to get any photos aside from the boring driveway backdrop snap shots. So first actual posting with them on the car other than some photos I provided with measurements in another thread some months back.

Sizing - 20x10.5 (7.52BS +45mm) on the rear 20X8.5 (6.13BS +35mm) front. The front 255's don;t look as stretched on these wheels (which I like better) even though Nitto spec'd best fit on a 9" wheel.

The finish is a simple machined face (clear coated) with silver barrels.

redfirepearlgt

forum member
Reaction score
Looking good. I did like those Vossens though...
Thanks.

The Vossen VSF-2 will be for sale soon. if a liocal guy doesn;t snatch them up. Gotto get some good photos of them to post an ad.

After I lightened the stripes up I decided I needed to go to a lighter rim and something a little less exotic looking. Loved the concave on them as well. Just time to move on. I've only had 7 sets of wheels on the last two cars over teh past 5 years not including the factory wheels. LOL!

bujeezus

forum member
Reaction score
Lol! If I had the money, I'd be changing wheels regularly. I can never make up my mind. I love my 19x10 square setup but I love the staggered look too.

fourdegrees11

forum member
Reaction score
These are my old wheels and springs. 20x8.5/10 FR500s and Steeda sport springs.

Attachments

• DSC00860-1.JPG
    DSC00860-1.JPG
    446.4 KB · Views: 31
  • DSC00869-1.JPG
    DSC00869-1.JPG
    161.1 KB · Views: 30

sidvicious

forum member
Reaction score

Those stripes look spectacular with the white. What color are they? In the pics they look like a darker silver metallic.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back