Magnaflow Off-Road Tru-X X-Pipe (11-12 GT)

gizmo5

Italian between my legs
Reaction score
When will this be out for the 13's? I called and the guy on the line said the 2013 part will be diff than the 12s, and the current one on your site won't work on the 13s.

And (dumb question) Will installing this throw a CEL without a tune?

I'm wanting to pull the trigger on this X pipe with FRPP GT500 axlebacks.

Thanks!

gizmo5

Italian between my legs
Reaction score
Paging Shane?

Oh, and here's my 50th post for my discount...:clap:

GrnBullitt08

Dale Jr
Reaction score
When will this be out for the 13's? I called and the guy on the line said the 2013 part will be diff than the 12s, and the current one on your site won't work on the 13s.

And (dumb question) Will installing this throw a CEL without a tune?

I'm wanting to pull the trigger on this X pipe with FRPP GT500 axlebacks.

Thanks!

Yes, it will through a CEL without a tune.

AMWill

AmericanMuscle.com
Official Vendor
Reaction score
Gizmo5,

I'm pretty sure this Xpipe will fit fine on a 2013 GT. After looking at some of the reviews, I did notice someone who commented with a 2013 GT that has the Magnaflow Tru-X mid-pipe installed, in the review section. Again, I'm assuming he didn't have to adjust anything to make it fit.

Just to be sure, I'm having my products development guy check into this for me. He's going to give Magnaflow a call today and get an answer straight from them to verify. I'll let you guys know what I find out. If it does fit 2013's, I'll have the AM site changed too!

Thanks for bringing this to my attention!

Shane

AMWill

AmericanMuscle.com
Official Vendor
Reaction score
Okay, so I got word back from Magnaflow. Apparently, they haven't test fitted any of these on the new 2013 GT's yet, so they cannot confirm fitment just yet. However, they don't see why it wouldn't fit for the 2013 5.0 models. Once they do an official test fitment, they'll let us know and we'll change the site.

I hope this still helps some!

Shane

JEWC_Motorsports

S197 Junkie
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
There have been people using other 2011-2012 midpipes on the 2013's. Im sure this will fit without any issue.

AMWill

AmericanMuscle.com
Official Vendor
Reaction score
There have been people using other 2011-2012 midpipes on the 2013's. Im sure this will fit without any issue.

jewc75,

Yeah I'm very confident I've seen a few, too. Since Magnaflow hasn't confirmed it with us, we can't change the site in case they've done something different on their particular Xpipe. Basically, off the record- yes this will fit, on the record- we're waiting on confirmation lol.

Shane

GrnBullitt08

Dale Jr
Reaction score
jewc75,

Yeah I'm very confident I've seen a few, too. Since Magnaflow hasn't confirmed it with us, we can't change the site in case they've done something different on their particular Xpipe. Basically, off the record- yes this will fit, on the record- we're waiting on confirmation lol.

Shane

Lol, I don't see why there needs to be any confirmation. The platforms between the two cars are nearly the same minus a few cosmetic changes with the front and rear clips. The drivetrain arrangement is nearly identical.

But as a parts dealer and wholesaler, you don't want to be making claims that the manufactuer themselves haven't said or approved of...gotta love business.

Back