Man Without a Country?

jsimmonstx

forum member
Reaction score
Got the blower yesterday. This morning, I checked for shipping damage, and couldn't resist a casual mockup. I also went ahead and re-installed the harmonic balancer and crank pulleys.

Attachments

• crank_pulley_installed.jpg
    crank_pulley_installed.jpg
    136.9 KB · Views: 19
  • blower_preinstall_01.jpg
    blower_preinstall_01.jpg
    193 KB · Views: 19
  • blower_preinstall_02.jpg
    blower_preinstall_02.jpg
    197.9 KB · Views: 20
  • blower_preinstall_03.jpg
    blower_preinstall_03.jpg
    195.6 KB · Views: 20
  • blower_preinstall_04.jpg
    blower_preinstall_04.jpg
    185.1 KB · Views: 22

jsimmonstx

forum member
Reaction score
I'm expecting/hoping for 75-80% of what you see there.I'll be able to see to drive, but turning right will be an adventure. I may need to find a co-pilot.

jsimmonstx

forum member
Reaction score
Testing fitment. wanted to make sure the lip on the firewall wasn't going to present a problem.

Attachments

• fitment_01.jpg
    fitment_01.jpg
    104 KB · Views: 20
  • fitment_02.jpg
    fitment_02.jpg
    129.2 KB · Views: 23
  • fitment_03.jpg
    fitment_03.jpg
    163.2 KB · Views: 23
  • fitment_04.jpg
    fitment_04.jpg
    151 KB · Views: 22

jsimmonstx

forum member
Reaction score
On Wednesday evening, I took it to the shop that's gonna install the blower. As of yesterday, we have the blower installed, the cooling system reconnected, the fuel system reconfigured and connected, the new electric fans mounted, and the linkage setup started. Still need to connect the fans, clean up the electrical (because of changes in sensor placement and removal of A/C), and mount/connect the breather tank to the valve covers.

We hope to fire it up sometime today, and if that happens, there will be videos. (It's gonna whine like an ex-wife looking for more alimony.)

Here are last night's progress pics:

Attachments

• day_2_01.jpg
    day_2_01.jpg
    192.6 KB · Views: 17
  • day_2_02.jpg
    day_2_02.jpg
    193.6 KB · Views: 14
  • day_2_03.jpg
    day_2_03.jpg
    192.1 KB · Views: 13

BruceH

BBB Big Bore Boss 322
Reaction score
so here's what is probably a dumb question:

With a blower set up like that, I assume it's non-intercooled?

The carbs on top of the blower cool the iats. Gasoline is a great heat absorber. Better than meth injection on a fuel injection setup and it's always going to work because the carbs will always insure gas is being sucked into the blower. No need to wonder if the control unit is going to work correctly like with meth because there isn't one.

I have another questionable question though. Any idea of where this will end up power wise? I'm pretty sure you aren't doing this swap for power but for other reasons but the expected power output is a curiosity.

jsimmonstx

forum member
Reaction score
The carbs on top of the blower cool the iats. Gasoline is a great heat absorber. Better than meth injection on a fuel injection setup and it's always going to work because the carbs will always insure gas is being sucked into the blower. No need to wonder if the control unit is going to work correctly like with meth because there isn't one.

I have another questionable question though. Any idea of where this will end up power wise? I'm pretty sure you aren't doing this swap for power but for other reasons but the expected power output is a curiosity.

With only 3 pounds of boost, Dyer's (the people that sold the blower kit) says 20-30% increase. That puts be between 540 and 590 at the wheels. And you're right, I don't really care about the power.

BruceH

BBB Big Bore Boss 322
Reaction score
showed my wife the video...she said you probably are single

That's funny shit right there! The car is the other woman but it isn't sexual. It does take time and money away from the man/woman relationship but he always comes back to his woman partner when the sun goes down.

jsimmonstx

forum member
Reaction score
Well, we smoked the tires on the dyno, so I ordered some drag radials. I got 'em yesterday, but I need to relocate the sway bar brackets before putting them on the car.

Also, the hood is marked for cutting the hole.

I had to order an air bleed kit so I could fine-tune the carbs.

Finally, it's time to say goodby to the OEM fox body gas pedal because it sits a lot higher than the rest of the pedals. I ordered a Lokar part to replace it with.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back