Manual Transmission Options for V6's

Benwhite911

V6'ing & Dealing With It
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I unfortunately was given the news that my auto transmission will need to be replaced. Since the old tranny will be removed, I figured this might be a good time to look at doing and auto to manual conversion. I understand the the 05 to 10 V6's used the T5, but I also understand that that transmission is, well other than great. Are there any other manul transmission options for the V6's?

tjm73

of Omicron Persei 8
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
The T5 is a good transmission. Smooth shifting. Can take some abuse too. Definitely up the task of life behind a 4.0. I woudln't write one off. The big bonus is all the engineering to put one in the car is done. It's 100% factory bolt in. Plus if you broke one, you can get them built to live beyond 450+hp for less than a TKO.

Juice

forum member
Reaction score
I have my V6 5spd sitting in the garage. Had no issues, has 100K on it. I have a bunch of other V6 parts that got pulled for the Coyote swap.

You are going to have a tough time finding a different trans due to the bell housing bolt pattern. Rebuilding your auto or swapping to a stock V6 T5 will be the least expensive route.

Give you a great deal if you want on the parts I have toward the swap.

Last edited:

Benwhite911

V6'ing & Dealing With It
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I have my V6 5spd sitting in the garage. Had no issues, has 100K on it. I have a bunch of other V6 parts that got pulled for the Coyote swap.

You are going to have a tough time finding a different trans due to the bell housing bolt pattern. Rebuilding your auto or swapping to a stock V6 T5 will be the least expensive route.

Give you a great deal if you want on the parts I have toward the swap.

Thank you for the information, and I am seriously considering the job. So yeah, what would you be looking to get for the items?

Juice

forum member
Reaction score
Thank you for the information, and I am seriously considering the job. So yeah, what would you be looking to get for the items?

I would take $250 + shipping for the trans. Im guessing shipping would be about $150.

Flywheel $50 + ship. Can be used as is, but I would get it resurfaced. Don't know if the starters are same for stick/auto. Same for driveshaft, don't know. Have good stock driveshaft and starter if you need them.

What i don't have are: clutch pedal and associated hydraulic parts and clutch, pilot bearing. So you will need to find these.

Benwhite911

V6'ing & Dealing With It
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I apologize, I'm just going to go with the path of least resistance, and replace it with another automatic. Thank you though.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back