Max Effort questions

RocketcarX

95% of my weight is fuel
Reaction score
The SS/A car that I worked on had around 1K HP with 15" MT slicks and a Mark Williams alum drive shaft that is the Accu-bond system. No vibes and works great. My friend tried a CF drive shaft but lost a .5 tenth. So just some info to think about.
What other changes were made, track conditions, etc? A statement like that needs context.

Jason09GT

forum member
Reaction score
Kinda what I thought lol. I mean, completely irrelevant to what we were talking about, I remember when I used to think $100k/yr was a braggable income.

travelers

Reaction score
What other changes were made, track conditions, etc? A statement like that needs context.

I don't have a lot of the info on that because it was tested on a Pro Stock truck when NHRA still had them. They were making a few more horses back then. As in the pro camp the track is usually prepped before each class. After replacing the alum. shaft with the CF , made a few runs and lost time and sped then reinstalled the alum and the speed and times were back up. Pro Stock truck went away in 2002 and IIRC the truck was making over 1K. I don't know the track or conditions at the track.

Heaten m90

forum member
Reaction score
Think bigger,
It's not the pay I was showing you, it's the time, Or lack there of. I've had my head down, working to fund this project. Yes, a lack of engineering time has been an oversight so far. Im trying to address this on the fly.
I've been slow learning what this site's members' have been trying to show me. Im realizing this now.
Moving forward, later today, I'm going to buy a few cyote motors from a local junk yard. We'll figure everything else out later, but right now this just seems like a good idea. I just got done working 30 hours straight, need sleep.

eighty6gt

forum member
Reaction score
Now you're on the right track. Bin everything you have for the 3v.

Heaten m90

forum member
Reaction score
The folks at MHS are allowing me to swap out the rotating assembly i purchased from them. Good people over there. Ill be having them do the 4v porting.

Im about to buy the Full BMR tabular front end/A-arm/radiator support/bumper. I shouldn't run into any fitment issues with this & a new motor right?

So far I've bought one 13' f150 long block from ebay. Looking to buy aleast one more long block.

weather man

Persistance Is A Bitch
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Why are you buying coyote blocks that are only good to roughly 800 RWHP?

eighty6gt

forum member
Reaction score
Heaton is really coming into his own and will be a great member here.

See what Justin@VMP can get for a blower system for a sleeved coyote. The 2.65!!

RocketcarX

95% of my weight is fuel
Reaction score
You're building a 4v using a Coyote block or you're referring to the coyote as a 4v?
Because one is not possible and the other is pissing me off.

RocketcarX

95% of my weight is fuel
Reaction score
The folks at MHS are allowing me to swap out the rotating assembly i purchased from them. Good people over there. Ill be having them do the 4v porting.

Im about to buy the Full BMR tabular front end/A-arm/radiator support/bumper. I shouldn't run into any fitment issues with this & a new motor right?

So far I've bought one 13' f150 long block from ebay. Looking to buy aleast one more long block.
He said long block so I don't think he's trying to make 3v heads fit on a Coyote block.
Notice he said "4v porting" and coyote...

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back