Max Effort questions

Pentalab

forum member
Reaction score
Pentalab can you weigh in on this one more time. I’m going to block the air from escaping from the bottom of the car, the inner fog lights are going to become ducting for front brake cooling, main scoop will be ducted to the intake only, extractors Will remain as heat diffusers. I don’t understand the concern here?!?!?!?!?!?!?

Then there should be no issues the way u just described it. However, if u are talking about the oem upper grille with its foglamps.... that's a long ways back down for brake ducting. Or perhaps you are talking about lower grille foglamps.... being reused for front brake ducting...which is the typ setup.

slackinoff

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I don’t have a picture handy on my new phone but watch video.... I have the carbon fiber super snake hood.... it’s not the “true fiber” version it’s quality fiber made with high quality vacuum.

Also what about using hydraulic cylinder for pressure based self adjusting wing

Subscribed to your channel, even though my ears exploded via headphones. Lol. Great edit, did you do the editing?

Sent from my LG-H910 using Tapatalk

Heaten m90

forum member
Reaction score
Yeah It’s actually kind of fun making videos. I just Got a drone and a few 4K go pro’s. I’m going to take my time and make a few quality videos once we get into the dyno testing phase, all the way to competitive racing(if she holds together that long)...was going to make videos of the build but that just seems fucking lame.

I’m spraying my mower with a 25 shot, I’ll probably post a video of that too.(I’m trying to break it so I can justify buying a riding mower to the
“ financially responsible kill joy “ who’s says it’s unnecessary because we live on .25 acres)

slackinoff

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Yeah It’s actually kind of fun making videos. I just Got a drone and a few 4K go pro’s. I’m going to take my time and make a few quality videos once we get into the dyno testing phase, all the way to competitive racing(if she holds together that long)...was going to make videos of the build but that just seems fucking lame.

I’m spraying my mower with a 25 shot, I’ll probably post a video of that too.(I’m trying to break it so I can justify buying a riding mower to the
“ financially responsible kill joy “ who’s says it’s unnecessary because we live on .25 acres)

I don't know what I am more excited about the 25 shot on a mower or AnY of your vids. Do some build vids...your editing is on point and that is what makes the difference. Looking forward to any you produce.

Have a nice Sunday.....damn its late here! Playing on my ham radio.

Rm

Pentalab

forum member
Reaction score
It’s almost like you’d be stupid not too..... If I wasn’t so anxious I’d wait a few months and buy one

http://www.fordracingbyspeedshopdirect.com/Ford_5_2L_Aluminator_XS_Crate_Engine_p/m-6007-a52xs.htm

I think somebody has already mentioned the aluminator before.
Even this other version is a good eng. http://www.fordracingbyspeedshopdir...yote_Aluminator_NA_Engine_p/m-6007-a50naa.htm $9749.00

Just a few years ago, the 5.0 plane jane coyote was $6800.00
The aluminator version was $7800.00 and came with a choice of either 9.5:1 CR or 11:1 CR
and came with forged everything.

Fast forward to today. Plane jane coyote eng is $6489.50 Forged version is $9749.00

http://www.fordracingbyspeedshopdirect.com/Ford_5_2L_Aluminator_XS_Crate_Engine_p/m-6007-a52xs.htm This XS version is serious coin. $15,799.50

And they all come with a 2 year, 24K warranty..and free shipping. Plug + Play. Slap on your favorite blower of the week. I see Roush has not yet released it's stage 3 version of the 2018..yet. My guess is they are still trying to configure the new Eaton TVS-2650 into the mix.

Heaten m90

forum member
Reaction score
The generator world is dominated by GM engines, for a propane turbo 8.8 that put out 150kw and they want 60k for one.....if you could get an (SFI) propane coyote to make 150kw at 1800RPM you’d Make hundreds of millions..... I might try prototyping one of these..... this is serious, things like this is how people get rich. Stock Coyote internals and CR would be perfect for the high 130 octane CNG/LPG.... stock long block that doesn’t need to be opened up = low production cost & high dependability.

slackinoff

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
The generator world is dominated by GM engines, for a propane turbo 8.8 that put out 150kw and they want 60k for one.....if you could get an (SFI) propane coyote to make 150kw at 1800RPM you’d Make hundreds of millions..... I might try prototyping one of these..... this is serious, things like this is how people get rich. Stock Coyote internals and CR would be perfect for the high 130 octane CNG/LPG.... stock long block that doesn’t need to be opened up = low production cost & high dependability.
Sounds like an amazing project. That 150kw number can be converted to hp right? A quick guess would be around 190hp? I'm quite interested in this. I would love to hear more.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-T377A using Tapatalk

Sky Render

Stig's Retarded Cousin
S197 Team Member
Reaction score

Eh? All my sites' backup generators are either Cat or Cummins diesels.

Heaten m90

forum member
Reaction score

LP units are typically towable’s used for construction or remote cellular sites/ non accessible areas . As of recently they’ve grown in popularity for light industrial applications. It’s a booming industry so to speak.

Wes06

forum member
Reaction score
My factory has a SBC engine in its machine room, basically just powers a small ammount of lights through the building so we can see our way around a little better.

Anything with good power output is probably a diesel

Pentalab

forum member
Reaction score
Sounds like an amazing project. That 150kw number can be converted to hp right? A quick guess would be around 190hp? I'm quite interested in this. I would love to hear more.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-T377A using Tapatalk

1 hp = 746 watts. 150 kw = 201 hp You would have to be able to get at least 201 hp @ 1800 rpm. Typ gen sets use a helluva lot more hp than the above calcs depict... typ double.

If you are talking about electric motors, a 1 hp electric motor will suck a lot more than 746 watts. That 746 w per hp is only if the 1 hp electric motor was 100%..and they are not, more like 65% eff.
746 / .65 = 1148 watts.

I have yet to see any generator that didn't spin at 1800 rpm. None had any tranny or gear box used. All were direct drive..with just a pair of U joints.

Last edited:

Heaten m90

forum member
Reaction score
Actually the biggest Engines/gas turbines I’ve seen are fuel by nature gas, sometimes even methane. It’s rare do see diesels over 5k horse power. Typically they’ll start paralleling over 3k HP.

Penlab is correct, although you can upsize the gen end( greater reciprocating mass for motor starting capability) the engine needs to make 20% more KW then the Gen can produce.

B8C2D542-680A-4F91-BFA2-45FD08BB3320.jpeg

470F81DD-3779-4398-BD87-94ABAF9B653A.jpeg

50A6C80D-EA8C-460D-A916-F33E8264F678.jpeg

Pentalab

forum member
Reaction score

At the telco I worked at for 34 years, we used a myriad of diesel engs. Volvo, GM, deutz air cooled diesels, BMC ( made in the uk) and several other brands. Some had turbos, some didn't. Biggest one is 2 megawatt ( 2000 kva), and is a V16 diesel. Took 2 cranes to lift it in the middle of the night with 4 lanes of traffic blocked off at 3 AM. Several small gen sets ran on propane.

Other than the real small 3/5/10 kw gasoline portable units tossed into the back of a truck for use at small tiny sites, everything else was diesel.

The actual generators were made in Stamford Conn. Some of the bigger mobile units, towed behind a truck, were 50-100 kw, and could be switched to run either 240/120 single phase.......or 208/120 3 phase.

Diesel fuel will last for years... vs gasoline. Even then, diesel fuel eventually is required to be cleaned, called polishing. Its sucked out, and ran through an external cleaning process, then into a temp tank. Then when process is complete...pumped back in. Some of the diesel tanks were above ground, and some are below ground.... and all are double walled types, with a vapor detector between the 2 x tanks. Typ deal is to pump from the big tank, (9000/35,000 / 50,000 litre) ..to a small day tank, ( 185-250 litre) located next to the diesel eng itself.

Heaten m90

forum member
Reaction score
Tf is this thread about? Hmmm...

Well I guess it all depends really. see, right now it’s about math. go grab some Crayons and I’ll try putting this in a way you can understand.

7BDF2029-3F32-4611-B2EF-8B33F1CC52CD.jpeg

46addict

Reaction score
Actually the biggest Engines/gas turbines I’ve seen are fuel by nature gas, sometimes even methane. It’s rare do see diesels over 5k horse power. Typically they’ll start paralleling over 3k HP.

Penlab is correct, although you can upsize the gen end( greater reciprocating mass for motor starting capability) the engine needs to make 20% more KW then the Gen can produce.

View attachment 66407
This is interesting. How many tankers full of fuel do yall go through in a day? Or do you have the refinery on tap?

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back