Misfire Or Tune?

RocketcarX

95% of my weight is fuel
Reaction score
Barely off topic, but

http://www.aa1car.com/library/ford_tsb_08-7-6.pdf

Per the Ford TSB, OP did it correctly, no? Or am I missing something? Perhaps a bit too much but I don't see too big of an issue. It's been a few years since I did mine but I recall following the Ford TSB and have had no issues since.

I feel it's likely tune related and your tuner should work with you to resolve, or at least verbally assist with troubleshooting. Hopefully you're able to get a log and get some answers.
You do not want anti seize anywhere near the tip of the plug, so if you must coat the smooth part of the plug I would stop applying it 1/4" from the ground strap.

Last edited:

AnotherS197

forum member
Reaction score
You do not want anti seize nowhere near the tip of the plug, so if you must coat the smooth part of the plug I would stop applying it 1/4" from the ground strap.

I believe that's about how I did it, maybe a bit closer. Will be swapping plugs shortly here to go to a colder range, so wanted to double check I wasn't missing anything here. Thanks.

EBABlacknChrome

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the input guys. I have been working late and will be for the rest of the week. I will share my finding late tonight. I did some Data logging Sunday afternoon and a few things didn't lot right. The pcm was flashed by ford before I got it. Couldn't find anything online as to what the code meant. I think that may have something to do with it if they didn't account for it..

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

06monera96

LeShawno
Reaction score
Just so you are aware..
A lot of shops have stopped using ford racing 0 plugs and pretty much any type of plugs of the sort and all switched to Brisk.

The new ford racing plugs 0 degrees or any ford racing plug seem to have changed manufacturing and A LOT of misfires are happening.

Switch from FRPP to Brisk has cleared up a lot of issues shops have been chasing.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back