Moving to Ft. Eustis

Dante

forum member
Reaction score
Heard there are a lot of BS laws in VA about car modifications, what do you guys who are there do with your stangs to keep the Police off ya?

JeremyH

3V Fuel Guru
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
No different than anywhere else. You will get pulled for too dark of tint thats about it.

Dante

forum member
Reaction score
I've talked to a few gear heads that have been stationed there, and they where saying that VA isn't too friendly to exhaust mods. And I plan on adding lts and a catless x.

It's registered in Michigan so hopefully that keeps me out of the State testing, cause it does in Texas.

Greg Hazlett

Stepping on the Pink Bus
Official Vendor
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Uhh...not sure what gear heads you are talking too but like anywhere else if you have the "arrest me loud" exhaust of course you are going to get negative attention.

I am running LT's/off road H and have no issues with the police.

Dante

forum member
Reaction score
cool, i cant wait to get over there and out of the desert lol.

Greg Hazlett

Stepping on the Pink Bus
Official Vendor
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Agree! Where are you? I spent 6 months in Bahrain and that was enough for me!

Are you a go or show mustang? It is down range but I am organizing a private track rental at the best local track in our area-IMO-at Budd's Creek/Maryland International Raceway October 12.

There is an 1/8 mile track in Hertford, NC which would be about an hour to an hour and a half away from the Hampton/Newport News side of the water....not a bad track at all to practice your launch.

Dante

forum member
Reaction score
i've been at Ft. Bliss the last two years plus stuck in a testing unit, we spent over six months in the field last year, and by june we will have spent 10 weeks in the field this year. I've seen deployments from the other 3 brigades in my division while we have been sitting in New Mexico's desert with our thumbs up our asses lol.

I will be reclassing sept 24 - Nov 30 to be a 88L (watercraft engineer)

Dante

forum member
Reaction score
My Mustang is leaning towards go, i don't like body kits and all that shit. But a limited budget is whats keeping a hold on more go parts.

Fake_Snake

FAUX GT500
Reaction score
watch out for johnny law.. them guys are every where there...

and sorry that your going to eustis i will be there for two weeks in sept for training

Greg Hazlett

Stepping on the Pink Bus
Official Vendor
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
watch out for johnny law.. them guys are every where there...

and sorry that your going to eustis i will be there for two weeks in sept for training

Why do you say that and when was the last time you were here?

LAllison20

forum member
Reaction score
If you have a beat ass honda civic with a fart can, your more likely to get fucked with around here. Ive never had exhaust issues with the po-po. Just dont drive like a dumbass kid and they wont fuck with you.

mfergel

forum member
Reaction score
Depends. Every county can be a bit different. In general, and I've had problems with this in the past around Richmond. Better keep your window tint legal. Front mounted license plate. No tinted headlights or taillights (might be able to get away with a light tint). Watch the exhaust noise. If you're moving here and getting your car registered we do have state vehicle inspections.

Those are the biggies.

Dante

forum member
Reaction score
Im keeping it registered in Michigan, and i dont drive like a dumbass so i should be good

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back