My cam journals and cams are ruined....come see the freak show.

deebo05

forum member
Reaction score
if you wipe the thrust it wont mess with the block,usually,but will give you vct issues from lack of oil pressure. it could trash the crank and the rod sides.

i would do more investigating and checking the lower end specs before spending money on the heads just yet.

slackinoff

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
if you wipe the thrust it wont mess with the block,usually,but will give you vct issues from lack of oil pressure. it could trash the crank and the rod sides.

i would do more investigating and checking the lower end specs before spending money on the heads just yet.

Contemplating a new plan, as you can tell I am taking my sweet ass time on this. I am super tempted to purchase a running junkyard motor and get my ride back on the road......and then, GASP! Sell it. The Bullitt was so cool, but after driving my 04 Civic back and for to work.....I don't know.....shit has changed. I feel so relaxed in that car and it is so easy to drive (light!) Fun too! This huge chase for HP seems silly now. Fuck me. I get on youtube and and I am like wow, I don't feel part of that crowd anymore. It seems silly unless you are actually racing and have the big bucks. I don't. I know all forms of racing take lots of cold hard cash, but the chase for HP is just out of control and I just feel not into that. It is awesome, but I want to participate and I can't.
I love tearing up a back road. I want to try road racing and auto cross. I have 1/4 mile experience, but it just never rocked my socks like a road course. I bet I could have a blast in a cheap Miata on an autocross or road race.

I think I might be changing directions on what I want as a fun car. I already have a nice, cheap daily. I could pick up a miata for my weekend racer.

Now the question is....how should I sell my 08 Bullitt? It has some cool sutff. Scott Rodd door panels, GT500 Steering wheel, Steeda dampers and ultralight springs, but the engine is questionable.

What would you pay?

slackinoff

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Contemplating a new plan, as you can tell I am taking my sweet ass time on this. I am super tempted to purchase a running junkyard motor and get my ride back on the road......and then, GASP! Sell it. The Bullitt was so cool, but after driving my 04 Civic back and for to work.....I don't know.....shit has changed. I feel so relaxed in that car and it is so easy to drive (light!) Fun too! This huge chase for HP seems silly now. Fuck me. I get on youtube and and I am like wow, I don't feel part of that crowd anymore. It seems silly unless you are actually racing and have the big bucks. I don't. I know all forms of racing take lots of cold hard cash, but the chase for HP is just out of control and I just feel not into that. It is awesome, but I want to participate and I can't.
I love tearing up a back road. I want to try road racing and auto cross. I have 1/4 mile experience, but it just never rocked my socks like a road course. I bet I could have a blast in a cheap Miata on an autocross or road race.

I think I might be changing directions on what I want as a fun car. I already have a nice, cheap daily. I could pick up a miata for my weekend racer.

Now the question is....how should I sell my 08 Bullitt? It has some cool sutff. Scott Rodd door panels, GT500 Steering wheel, Steeda dampers and ultralight springs, but the engine is questionable.

What would you pay?
Engine as is.....vs lower mileage 08-10 swa.
0fef20aed436739a3aa2052ee7c5ab41.jpg
4c2dc86c81b5160bf988e7a21a83b2bd.jpg

Sent from my LG-H910 using Tapatalk

slackinoff

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Awesome Scott Rod panels. Installed right
9f07972cf2a6accd32fe2af3c8cd3ed2.jpg
4448ac94d69ea390a043feab23f5b3f3.jpg
284b92667ed653557acfce5c489f21d6.jpg
20cc353559c220844249af5d6aca2892.jpg

Bingo

Because street car
S197 Team Member
Reaction score

What would you pay?

I'm in the same boat. I bought all the stuff I did when I had a different mindset. But the cat's already out of the bag and running at 10psi, I think I'm in a safe enough zone for a while and the car is still enjoyable. There were a couple niggling problems with it recently, but I think I have it squared away.

As far as your car: if you want to give me your trunklid, I wouldn't mind. haha. I really want a spoiler delete trunk, but I don't want to deal with a body shop.

Anyway, I feel your predicament. Best of luck.

bujeezus

forum member
Reaction score
Part out!!! I'll take the hid's, the aluminum dash components and the passenger side A-piller cover. Oh and how does your driver's seat look? ;-D

Pentalab

forum member
Reaction score
fun fact: my M90 eaton made more low end power than my 1.9 TVS does at similar boost. I'm expecting it to blow the 90 away when I repulley here... but that 122 would be a great time, I'm sure.

Say what ? Was that with a 2.49" pulley on the M90 ... vs a 85 or 82mm on the 1.9 ? How much boost, like 8 psi ? Does the 1.9 run any cooler IAT wise... running the same boost as the M90 ? Once the 1.9 is pullyied, it should blow everything away. Then go run some 11's lol

slackinoff

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Part out!!! I'll take the hid's, the aluminum dash components and the passenger side A-piller cover. Oh and how does your driver's seat look? ;-D
You would cream your pants at my steering wheel.
87267a0dfbcdf65b070bedaf2b3612c0.jpg
[

Last edited:

bujeezus

forum member
Reaction score
While I can appreciate your GT500(?) wheel, I still prefer my stock Bullitt, leather (pleather, whatever the fuck it is) wrapped wheel. I really like the way they wrapped the horizontal part where the cruise control is.

slackinoff

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
While I can appreciate your GT500(?) wheel, I still prefer my stock Bullitt, leather (pleather, whatever the fuck it is) wrapped wheel. I really like the way they wrapped the horizontal part where the cruise control is.

I hated that particular part. Haha. ONE MORE DAY TILL FRIDAY!!

I hope to make some progress on the car. As in pull the motor.

slackinoff

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
BUT! I am tempted to look at the oil and filter......if good then just change the phasers and timing set, polish the journals......call it good.

slackinoff

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Cut the filter open, no surprises here. The media was completely contaminated with super fine aluminum powder. I am sure the filter was bypassing at this point (which is great, the damage would have been catastrophic had it not started bypassing).

I washed the media in white gas just out of curiosity to see how much I could gather out. After the wg evaporates we will see.

Soooo, I am taking my time here since I have a daily driver now.... - I just don't have the cash to throw to the machine shop for machine work. I need about a year to get the funds saved to do a modest build.....say something safe for 600hp?

Since I have about half the parts gathered for a Department of Boost Gt450 kit, including a MINTY Eaton m122, I think I am going to take my time and do the modest build vs dropping in an used EBay special and then promptly selling the daily driver (I kind of like it!)

Let me be real hear......I am an impateinet person, so this long term option is going to be tough. Maybe I learn something from it.
de9545b530221bb851a584db6705b210.jpg
18e393fe862f3510f5d3677a2712fb5c.jpg
11cb1f371b65fe73049c85559d968063.jpg

Last edited:

slackinoff

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Those big chunks and long hair looking things are not part of what was in the oil, they are scratches in the pan and piece of gravel.....but the smaller stuff is aluminum.

I wish you could see it in person it's SUPER metallic sheen to the point the oil almost glows.

MissingLink

Reaction score
I just recently took my engine apart because of coolant in the crank case and that looks exactly like my engine. The bottom end is probably messed up also. The crank is scored and will have to be machined, I'll also replace the heads and cams.

Joe88xj

forum member
Reaction score
Those big chunks and long hair looking things are not part of what was in the oil, they are scratches in the pan and piece of gravel.....but the smaller stuff is aluminum.

I wish you could see it in person it's SUPER metallic sheen to the point the oil almost glows.

dude that whole engine is probably toast, you cant run metal in oil through an engine without wearing the surfaces everywhere the oil is supposed to lubricate.

eighty6gt

forum member
Reaction score
You have the M122 but no dob manifold?

Get a truck 5.0 and whatever wiring you need

Get mustang 5.0 oil pan front cover cam oil pump headers h pipe EPAS (all stock parts)

Get the DAWB manifold for the 5.0 instead

Use your TR3650/clutch/etc that you already have.

Last edited:

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back