my custom dash panel

Scott_0

forum member
Reaction score
I'm in the middle of making my own custom dash panel, one that places the head unit on top where it belongs. I started with an ADS MUS1 dash kit (I'm moving away from the Kenwood, so I will not need the climate control button row) and a Scosche dash kit for the climate control panel and electronics. I wanted to retain the pocket and the dual usb ports the MUS1 dash kit offers, so I cut the screen opening out, moved it to the top, then put the Scosche climate control panel below that. I used JB Weld plastic putty for the screen opening, and regular JB Weld for the climate control panel as I felt it needed some strength since the buttons will see some force. I filled in the seams with regular old 3M Bondo body filler, sanded like mad, them filled any pin holes or minor imperfections with 3M Bondo glazing putty, sanded some more, layed on a light coat of filler putty to find imperfections. I'm pretty happy where the panel is at this point. I plan on hitting it with atleast two more coat of primer, a touch more sanding then paint. does anyone know what color Ford uses on these interior parts? I need to thank RobDis from themustangsource.com for the inspiration for this project. any questions, thoughts or input is welcomed. here's a few pics:

here's a couple pics to show how much higher the screen will be than it is presently

I'm pointing to the top of the screen here

Sent from my S6 using tapatalk

nbk13nw

forum member
Reaction score
Looking great so far. Makes me want to start chopping on mine

Scott_0

forum member
Reaction score
thanks man! it's been a nerve racking project! lol

update:

even though I ordered a can of Sem 39033, I decided to try another color I found at autozone, it is duplicolor perfect match gun metal metallic

Scott_0

forum member
Reaction score
thanks guys! hope to have it finished by the end of next week, I'll post pics of the finished product

Last edited:

pics06gtstang

forum member
Reaction score
LOOKS GREAT . you have a talent .
NOW make them for the masses ! i want one and one w/ switch panel !

thanks man, but I ordered a can of Sem 39033 which will be here Tuesday. until then, here's the finished product pretty much

Scott_0

forum member
Reaction score
LOOKS GREAT . you have a talent .
NOW make them for the masses ! i want one and one w/ switch panel !

well I appreciate it man! but it's not perfect, you can see ghost lines from the body filler, hoping it goes away with the final coats of paint and clear I still have to do. lol I don't think I could take the stress of doing more than one or two if these!

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back