My New Camera came in...

Deez-67

forum member
Reaction score
... So I was running around the house taking pictures of everything last night. I'm a bit new to photography and look forward to learning. I got the Panasonic DMC-GF5 (mirrorless) and it came with a 14-42mm starter lens. I'm looking forward to getting out of the house and playing some more.

Any tips are welcome

This thing doesn't weigh anything and is tiny.
PanasonicDMC-GF5K_zps4b201c42.jpg

Here are a few shots from around the house last night.
P1000039-2_zpsc091d865.jpg

P1000041-2_zps1cabcbe3.jpg

P1000081-2_zps9a09b0a9.jpg

P1000078-2_zps64fae33d.jpg

P1000046-2_zps440932c8.jpg

P1000050-2_zps2624a43e.jpg

P1000070-2_zps9af5766e.jpg

P1000106-2_zpsf24cc035.jpg

P1000116-2_zps0b6d368c.jpg

P1000091-2_zps0c6eefa5.jpg

moostang09

Resident YouTube Guy
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Those are some good starting shots man. Hit up youtube for some ideas, lessons, tips and tricks! I've learned a lot from there and am continuing to learn! It's fun stuff man! I do more video than photo but I like photography a lot! Also make sure you learn some post production too! Photoshop is a good tool to learn!

Deez-67

forum member
Reaction score
^ Thanks man.

One of the main resons I got this camera is it does full 1080 HD video. And I'm looking to get it on a WooKong or something like it.

DJIS800BUILD.jpg

07TGGT

@user
Reaction score
Nice camera and good pictures but one question, why not get a DSLR? They are fairly cheap for a good entry level DSLR now days. Also, most, not if all, have 1080i/p video capabilities. If you want to get into photography and advance I highly suggest buying a DSLR. Regular digital camera have come a long way but they will never match a DSLR and a person who can learn to use one to its potential. Just some food for thought.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

moostang09

Resident YouTube Guy
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
That thing is intense bro! My buddy is selling something similar except his has a camera in it an you control it with an iPhone or iPad. I think he was asking $250. I should be ordering my glidecam pretty soon which I'm pretty damn excited about.

http://m.bhphotovideo.com/mobile/detail?R=579907_REG&

This will get me some really smooth shots and looks freaking sweet! This guy uses a glidecam in all of his videos!

And here is him using it in that video.

Needless to say he makes some badass videos!

I want to incorporate that into the car scene and see what I come up with!

Deez-67

forum member
Reaction score
Nice camera and good pictures but one question, why not get a DSLR? They are fairly cheap for a good entry level DSLR now days. Also, most, not if all, have 1080i/p video capabilities. If you want to get into photography and advance I highly suggest buying a DSLR. Regular digital camera have come a long way but they will never match a DSLR and a person who can learn to use one to its potential. Just some food for thought.

See Post #3

Deez-67

forum member
Reaction score
That thing is intense bro! My buddy is selling something similar except his has a camera in it an you control it with an iPhone or iPad. I think he was asking $250. I should be ordering my glidecam pretty soon which I'm pretty damn excited about.

http://m.bhphotovideo.com/mobile/detail?R=579907_REG&

This will get me some really smooth shots and looks freaking sweet! This guy uses a glidecam in all of his videos!

And here is him using it in that video.

Needless to say he makes some badass videos!

I want to incorporate that into the car scene and see what I come up with!

Dude that glidecam is the tits.... :thumb2:

looks like you could learn a lot from your buddy... don't forget us little guys man. lol

07TGGT

@user
Reaction score
See Post #3

I read that but like I said, almost every DSLR has 1080HD recording capabilities and you have more room to grow with a DSLR. You can also do a lot more with a DSLR.
That's just my opinion as I feel once you get into videography or photography you will want something more than that.

moostang09

Resident YouTube Guy
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Oh that's not my buddy man! I wish it was. Sorry I was referencing a buddy who had the flying camera thingy for sale! I'm just a fan of the YouTube guy! But I can't wait to get my glidecam and spend hours learning my editing software! I'm starting a youtube channel but its not gonna be like the other ones you have seen. There will be some aspects of reviews and stuff like that but I want to throw more of the artsy stuff at it and make it really interesting to watch!

Deez-67

forum member
Reaction score
I read that but like I said, almost every DSLR has 1080HD recording capabilities and you have more room to grow with a DSLR. You can also do a lot more with a DSLR.
That's just my opinion as I feel once you get into videography or photography you will want something more than that.

Bc I need a camera thats very small and light weight to mount to a gimbal most DSLR have to big of a body. Pluse I don't know many DSLR's you can get for the price I got this.

dji-s800-rtf+gimbal+z15.JPG

Deez-67

forum member
Reaction score
Oh that's not my buddy man! I wish it was. Sorry I was referencing a buddy who had the flying camera thingy for sale! I'm just a fan of the YouTube guy! But I can't wait to get my glidecam and spend hours learning my editing software! I'm starting a youtube channel but its not gonna be like the other ones you have seen. There will be some aspects of reviews and stuff like that but I want to throw more of the artsy stuff at it and make it really interesting to watch!

aaa.. right on.

Well I wish the best of luck man and can't wait to see some of it.

07TGGT

@user
Reaction score
Bc I need a camera thats very small and light weight to mount to a gimbal most DSLR have to big of a body. Pluse I don't know many DSLR's you can get for the price I got this.

dji-s800-rtf+gimbal+z15.JPG

Ok, that's all I was wanting to know man lol.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back