My newest burger creation

spectreman

forum member
Reaction score
Had the house to myself this afternoon so, wild man I am, I had to try out a new burger recipe. I am so cool. I also love a good burger & few places make 'em better than me.

Got me some room temp 85/15 gr. beef, my magic mix of Fuddrucker's spices, about a teaspoon or so of Tallarico's hot hoagie spread & some left-over swiss cheese, torn up into little pieces. Mixed it all up, formed it into patties & threw it onto the George Forman grill @ 375 for about 8 minutes.

While it cooked, I mixed up some catchup & honey mustard for the potato buns, a thick slab of tomato, a few hamburger pickle slices & waited until the burgers finished.

The cheese melted but got a little hard in the cooking process. Swiss was probably not the best choice- perhaps American or cheddar next time. Maybe a lower temp or shorter cooking time- will have to experiment further.

What an interesting mix of flavors tho! The crunch of the cheese, the spiciness of the Tallarico's mixing w/the Fuddrucker spices, the salty & sweet of the catsup/honey mustard/tomato/pickles & buns! Yummy!

Two of those creations & I was done. My family wouldn't appreciate that kind of culinary treat; I built it exclusively for me & it was G-O-O-D!
Lee

spectreman

forum member
Reaction score
Sorry fellas, I ate them immiedately after cooking them & boy-oh-boy were they good. I'd be glad to take pics of it when I'm, uh, done w/them.
Lee

irishpwr46

Official Site Vandal
Reaction score
i like to use some montreal steak seasoning and put a pierogie in the middle of the patty.

spectreman

forum member
Reaction score
Montreal seasoning is a great, multi-use mix. I coat my steaks w/a light coating of olive oil, then montreal seasoning before grilling. Steaks come out great every time, wonderful flavor.

If'n you're interested, here's the mixture for Fuddrucker's spices:
2 teaspoons paprika
• 1.5 tsp ground black pepper
• 1.25 salt
•.5 tsp. dark brown sugar
•.25 tsp garlic powder
•.25 tsp onion powder
•.25 tsp ground cayenne

I now use this exclusively in my burgers & on chicken breast sandwiches (to die for!) If you "up" the brown sugar content a bit, it makes a fabulous dry rub for ribs.
Lee

spectreman

forum member
Reaction score
I have tried b/c b4 & can't say I'e found it to my liking on a burger. Too much flavor, too much contrast. Besides, b/c makes my wife ill. She can't look/smell the stuff w/out wanting to vomit.
Lee

Back