My newest Journey. Health issues.

Phil1098

Reaction score
Thank you sir!

I had a pretty rough day yesterday. All the nerves began "waking up" and I was in much pain. Got really weak last night after my shower. However, I slept well and feel much better today.

Sent from iPhone

I'm no sir, we are all brothers in this thing together. You stay strong! Phil

s8v4o

forum member
Reaction score
Research fasting. A 3 day fast can completely rebuild your immune system. There are lots of cancer patients that fast with great results. When your body fasts it goes into repair mode. Fasting starts a natural cleaning of your body's damaged cells. Cells start to eat dysfunctional proteins, organelles, and mitochondria. This type of cleaning of garbage and regeneration can be very beneficial. We were hunter gatherers for millions of years. Our bodies are made for long periods in between meals. This 3 meals a day plus snacks BS that modern society pushes on us is not healthy at all. A fast officially starts 12 hours after your last meal. This is when your body starts to burn off its energy reserves that build up in your fat cells and liver. Most cancels are abnormal over-productive cells. When you fast your body goes into a repair mode thus not feeding the cancer cells.

Fasting also curbs common diseases like Parkinsons, Alzheimers, diabetes, that occur in older people. Do a little research, you might be surprised. It's not surprising that doctors don't recommend fasting. Who wants to recommend something that requires no prescriptions, doctors visits, special food for diet, etc? Fasting is FREE and VERY beneficial! Don't take my word for you, read about it for yourself. I do a Tuesday and Thursday fast. Most people do a calorie restriction of 600 calories on those days but I take in ZERO calories on those days.

I can try to dig up some links if you want to read about it.

Good luck, I hope things turn around for you!!

Marble

forum member
Reaction score
Thank you sir!

I had a pretty rough day yesterday. All the nerves began "waking up" and I was in much pain. Got really weak last night after my shower. However, I slept well and feel much better today.

Sent from iPhone

So for me I had a lot of nerve damage from surgery and chemo. Chemo mostly. They prescribed super high doses of B6 and I have to say it helped tremendously. Instead of the oral amount they told me, I did IM injections.

If there is naturopathic at MD you deal with, ask them.

Phil1098

Reaction score
A naturopath is a doctor that practices natural cures as opposed to the pill pushers that pedal whatever the latest drug rep hands out. I see one and she has done wonders for my guts, My sister-in-law even spent a week at the Mayo clinic and no regular doctor could help her. The naturopath I'm seeing had her fixed in a couple months. They aren't miracle workers, but the body does try to heal itself given the right tools.

Marble

forum member
Reaction score
Exactly! At CTCA there is a naturopath assigned to each patient. I see mine every time I go there. Or, if I have questions, I just call and either she or another naturopath calls me back.

Mach2burnout

05 Redfire GT
Reaction score
Well I made it home yesterday. And I'm still having to stay in my rv. My a/c in my house went out while I was gone. Ugh!

Sent from iPhone

Mach2burnout

05 Redfire GT
Reaction score
Found out yesterday that my Dr. probably won't let me go back to work until Aug. 8th. Thank God for short term disability!

Sent from iPhone

Candy10

forum member
Reaction score
Shit man, would have never guessed it from your other posts. You seem to be in good spirits, considering everything. Here's to a speedy and complete recovery.

Mach2burnout

05 Redfire GT
Reaction score
Thanks guys for the prayers and well wishes, I'm doing good. This ain't getting me down! Just hoped I'd be able to go back to work a little sooner. Well in a way. Lol.

Sent from iPhone

Marble

forum member
Reaction score
Found out yesterday that my Dr. probably won't let me go back to work until Aug. 8th. Thank God for short term disability!

Sent from iPhone

My doctor explained it like a pregnant woman...sometimes they are off for a year. Take advantage of it.

I wish I would have taken more time to come back. I love my job and did not want my co-workers burdened with my work. I worked every other week during chemo. I should not have done this but hind sight is 20/20.

TGR96

el blanco nino
Reaction score
Kyle, I will remember you in my prayers, bud. Here's to praying for a speedy and un-eventful recovery, and that the docs got all the cancer, and you have a long, happy future ahead of you.

Mach2burnout

05 Redfire GT
Reaction score
My doctor explained it like a pregnant woman...sometimes they are off for a year. Take advantage of it.

I wish I would have taken more time to come back. I love my job and did not want my co-workers burdened with my work. I worked every other week during chemo. I should not have done this but hind sight is 20/20.

Thanks for the advice. I am not rushing it.

Kyle, I will remember you in my prayers, bud. Here's to praying for a speedy and un-eventful recovery, and that the docs got all the cancer, and you have a long, happy future ahead of you.

Thanks for prayers my friend. God is good!

Sent from iPhone

Mach2burnout

05 Redfire GT
Reaction score
Hallelujah God is Good to me!
Got my pathology report back from the surgery. All the tumor was confined to the prostate and was removed in its entirety. The lymph nodes that were removed (34) were all free of any cancer. So at this time I am claiming survival and cancer free status!
Of course further testing will confirm at next Dr. Visit.

Sent from iPhone

Candy10

forum member
Reaction score
Got my pathology report back from the surgery. All the tumor was confined to the prostate and was removed in its entirety. The lymph nodes that were removed (34) were all free of any cancer. So at this time I am claiming survival and cancer free status!

Sent from iPhone

Good to hear!!!:clap:

JimC

Reaction score

Sent from iPhone
Congratulations, great to hear.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back