My Street Car

RocketcarX

95% of my weight is fuel
Reaction score
You'd think as a guy who builds customs for a living I'd be better at publishing my work online, not the case.
This is my 2008 GT. Here's a shot of it as it was when I bought it, I can't seem to find any other picture I took of it on sunny days so this will have to do. It's a 3.55 optioned 5 speed manual in Vapor Metallic Mist with black stripes.
292500_414711161878768_1134905955_n_zps41c36ca3.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

It had 23,294 when I bought it in July of 2011. I'm at about 57,xxx now and the powertrain is still basically stock. The car had a K&N no tune intake and a Flowmaster axle back kit on it when I bought it. I added American Muscle 1.5 inch drop springs (knock off Ford springs) and a American Muscle aluminum adjustable pan hard bar with the first paint job and later a Exedy Mach 500 clutch and Exedy billet flywheel when the factory parts let go.
The car has had more than one paint scheme so try to keep up. I converted it to a CS front bumper along with a Cervini Concept hood and the Agent 47 mirrors when we painted it flat Metallic Charcoal Gray. At that point we also shaved the 3rd brake light, spoiler, satellite antenna, radio antenna and "GT" badges.
IMG_0676_zps7cf5653b.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
Then I decided I didn't like it in flat and wanted to add some accent color in flat Ford Tuxedo Black.
IMG_1320_zps65058cef.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
IMG_1322_zps7dc52ce4.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

So now here we are now. Mom slide the car off the road one night borrowing it while I was servicing her korean junk. So now it really begins. Back to flat, keep the accents, paint the wheels this time and add the CS rear bumper and side skirts. (I've chosen the textured black plastic CS parts, no paint to ruin down low.) The front end is receiving a full BMR built front suspension and K-member along with strange adjustable struts and GT500 mounts. The car is currently in the shop where we're getting it sorted and close to paint. Should be finished inside of a week now.
40801E7C-C331-41E0-83BF-F495EFAED276_zps8c9bwdx4.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
6ADD1E7B-EC3C-455A-81A5-E0BEDC1E454F_zpsawmasbcr.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
90DA0757-658A-4DE5-B2BC-FA48B2086346_zps10n4efbw.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

I'll post more pics of it as we finish work and maybe I'll be able to seal the deal on this sick ass nitrous kit when uncle sam pays me and we'll get that fckr installed before TX2K. Stay tuned race fans.

Last edited:

RocketcarX

95% of my weight is fuel
Reaction score
Thanks guys, it should be finish again in the next week or so. I'm super stoked!

lethe

V4g!n@ #er
Reaction score
Thanks for sharing. I enjoy seeing peoples build threads. I would make one of my own but i'm terrible at taking pictures and documenting stuff. Once i pick up a wrench i don't stop until whatever i'm doing is done.

RocketcarX

95% of my weight is fuel
Reaction score
Thanks for sharing. I enjoy seeing peoples build threads. I would make one of my own but i'm terrible at taking pictures and documenting stuff. Once i pick up a wrench i don't stop until whatever i'm doing is done.

That's my problem too!

Paid for this bad boy today ;)
IMG_20131206_172334_336_zpsfdbea04b.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Car made it to the frame machine this evening, should all pretty much click into place from here on out.

06silverbullet

forum member
Reaction score
not sure i could easily forgive someone for destroying my vehicle.

what hood is that? is it the concept hood i love how you had it painted with the stripes around the vents.

RocketcarX

95% of my weight is fuel
Reaction score
So, i'll have to wait for some sun and the rain to stop for pics, but I finally got the car back from paint.

The new BMR front end was night and day from the stock parts. THe ride is much tighter and more controlled with out toooooo much more NVH. The urethane does squeak but that's to be expected. THe ride is firmer without being uncomfortable or harsh. I have the strange adjustable struts set to the middle, I'll mess with the setting later on.

The downside to the tubular set up from BMR. THe instructions are seriously vague, if I wasn't a seasoned tech I think it would have been rough. I don't think that this is for the weak of heart to tackle in the driveway. I realize it's an upgrade over stock, but I also had no idea the BMR k-member did away with the stock type motor mounts entirely in favor of urethane mounts. THis is where 90% of the perceived NVH comes from, to the point my dash pad rattles at idle. The powdercoat was sort of thin too, it chipped off pretty easily when I was installing the control arms to the k-member. There are also no provisions for the bracket that supports the power steering hard line or any provisions to attack the stock under belly pans.

Over all the BMR stuff is everything you've heard it to be, the best. I can't wait to sort of the rear end with the rest of the BMR catalog.

When I got the car back the tach back lighting (lights off white) on the tach numbers 6 7 and 8 seems to be out , what should I be looking at to address that? It wasn't that way when it went into the paint shop.

Last edited:

RocketcarX

95% of my weight is fuel
Reaction score
redesigned the paint scheme again. I have a sickness.

I decided to try something new and step up the originality of this car. It's still flat metallic gray on the sides.
I painted the hood, roof, and trunk lid int a 5 stage Pearl Green over black/metal flake combo with a very high gloss clear coat. I also painted the door handles in the gloss color as an accent to break up the flat on the sides. I wanted to two tone in a new way, a belt line pin stripe to divide the colors has pretty well be done in every imaginable way, just remember folks...you saw it here first ;)

Last edited:

RocketcarX

95% of my weight is fuel
Reaction score
Any thoughts on the backlighting for the numbers 6,7, and 8 on my tach not working during the day? Internal LED gone bad? The blue back lighting with the My Color works fine at night.

RocketcarX

95% of my weight is fuel
Reaction score
Sorry for taking so long with the updates, here are a few. You guys could see what i spend near all of my time doing with customs and high end street rides on FB, I don't have a "real" website yet lol, plus it would mean a lot just to have the support. I wish I had the time to be more active online but with a new born son and making a go at my business full time it's been hell just keeping up with what's in my face.

https://www.facebook.com/thespeedshoptexas?ref=bookmarks

The nitrous is in, still haven't used the system yet, and while I was at it I added an iPad Air and even retained my factory radio ;)

RocketcarX

95% of my weight is fuel
Reaction score
Thanks man, I still need to go test it out, lol. I love the system tho, it gets plenty of attention ;)

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back