need a little help with a center channel

zippy

Reaction score
not sure where to post this... so here goes. i have a 13 gt premium and i do enjoy my sound as much as the go fast goodies. i am interested in adding a center channel speaker to my dash. unfortunately i haven't been able to find if it is possible to put a 4x6 or a 3 1/2" speaker in top center of the dash.

i was considering pulling the entire dash out to see if there might be a place to mount one but have no direction on removing the top dash section. i was thinking of firing the center speaker off of the windshield and mounting tweeters in the sails to raise my sound stage. currently i have infinity 6x8 in the doors and rear deck with 8's in the doors as well. i am also adding 2 12's in the trunk.

i know...i am an idiot for even thinking about doing all of this. but after hearing the stereo in my 15 chrysler 200c then hopping in the mustang i feel robbed. there really isn't much comparison between the two factory systems. i did add a 10 in the trunk to the 200 because the 8 in the back deck just didn't fill the sound out enough. the 10 makes the stereo near perfect really.

i have searched this site for days...until i finally decided to join so i could post for some help.

thanks for any help in advance.

mfergel

forum member
Reaction score
Have you thought about using one of those "gauge" panels? Not sure if there are different ones available.

zippy

Reaction score
Have you thought about using one of those "gauge" panels? Not sure if there are different ones available.

I thought of using a pod but I want to fire upwards as opposed to back. If I fire upwards off of the windshield I should be able to angle the tweets in the sails to achieve equal distance to build a pretty good sound stage. I know firing off the windshield is less than spectacular but it would really put the sound stage in front of me.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back