Need help from someone with sct tuner in St. Louis

Ozzwoman9

forum member
Reaction score
Basically the local tuners around here either

1) won't do it at all because they claim their version of SCT software was updated and EPA had the option removed.
2) no one I contact seems to be will to work with my Diablo Tuner I have

The only tuners that will do it are located out of state and will gladly email me a tune, however without me having an SCT tuner it does me no good, and I'm not having any luck finding a used one online!

So far my only options are to buy the tuner myself and then pay someone to do a custom tune (if in fact the SCT doesn't allow it to be turned off anymore). So I'm looking to pay out the rear for a simple click of a button essentially. All the reputable tuners in the area are in Missouri (I'm in IL), they are all complaining about emissions and bs but they are not familiar with the state regulations. All I need is the check engine light to be off for like a week or so. If need be I'll just register the car in a different county. UGH...what a pita! I have the homemade things on my O2 but they are not working and still causing it to throw a code, after reading up I understand Ford changed the computers in 07 which is why this isn't working.

fdjizm

Drag Queen
Reaction score
Not sure anybody is going to lend you an sct tuner it will lock their device to your car (costing $150 to get unlocked) also you need a tune specific to your strategy. You should just buy an sct tuner.

Franchi

Senior JR Member....
Reaction score
Its what fdj said.

Cant borrow somebody elses tuner as once it's used on your car, it would become vin locked to that specific car so you need your own tuner. The SCT tuner is HOW the tune is uploaded, how well the car runs is depenant on who WRITES your custom tune.

And it's a very common thing to shut off rear O2 if you went with a cat delete mid pipe or such so you don't have any codes. And that is easily programmed into a custom tune so I would suggest just checking around with a few online places that write custom tunes ( like some of our vendors here on the boards ) and they can take care of that.

So you need two things to be able to properly tune your car, an unlocked SCT unit and custom tune written for it.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back