Need help on car decision

Forty61

forum member
Reaction score
Does anyone know about the following.

I have found out so much about my car from this site and from the information I got off Google yesterday. I mentioned in an earlier post that I look for 2008 Mustangs GT/CS on ebay, Utube, etc to see what equipment they have. One area still in the dark on. Many of the GT/CS have a bar running from fender to fender under the hood, mine dose not. Also a number of them have a nice cover over the engine with a Pony on it. Since I don't have the fake air scoop on the hood, I'm wondering if you don't have the scoop there isn't enough room for the engine cover.
Since I'm not the first owner I don't know if someone took the items off or they were never there in the first place.

By fender to fender do you mean a strut tower brace? Not sure if those were an option on the C/S but I know mine didn’t have one from the factory, I added one afterwards.

For the hood scoop/engine cover, the scoop is non-functional and doesn’t have any bearing on the fitment of the cover. I took my cover off and painted it, I’ve seen a few people trying to track them down so maybe I should have just sold it but it’s too late now!

Ret

forum member
Reaction score
I found the motor cover by typing in "Options offered for the 2008 Ford Mustang GT/CS. It shows as an option the motor cover with a Pony on it. It does not include a stabilizer brace, so assume that is an after market item. Between what I have learned on this site, Utube and Google I now feel certain that I did buy a GT/CS, and not something less that had been doctored up.

James Moore post suggested looking at a site for motor covers, I did and they had an extensive motor cover that also had covers for the battery, and fuses boxes, etc. But no Pony.

I bought this car after it had gone through several owners. The last truly was the "Little old lady from Pasadena" The family sold the car to help pay her expenses in an Assisted Living Facility. I don't think they knew what they were selling and I didn't know what I was buying. I just like the looks, condition and low mileage, so bought it.

So, thanks everyone.

Last edited by a moderator:

James Morse

Reaction score
Cover surely available somewhere.

Yes I agree the chance yours is not authentic as-labeled is slim to none. It has a factory look to it.

Back