Need launching advice

BUstang

<font color="pink"><b>Pigg</b></font>
Reaction score
More than likely when ya'll read this thread title most of ya'll probably said "more seat time" but.. help me out here :beer:

My best time to date is a 13.2 at 107 with a 2.23 60'ft; with my mods,i should be in the 12's but alas, launching>me. I seem to have the clutch feel down, but my gas/clutch feathering isn't working out. These are the 2 scenarios that happen to me:

-I pop it too quickly and the tires just spin all the way to third off of the line
-I feather it well immediately off of the line, but at about 4500 rpm (clutch is all the way out) the back end skoots out and i lose traction from then all the way until i shift into third (second gear is just one long squeal)

Any suggestions? here are my mods:

Lt's. o/r H, cmcv deletes, jlt II intake, dynojoe tune and bfg kdws with 295/35/18 in the rear. (i got bmr adj race version lca's now)

Clay

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Just put on my M/T's and pop the clutch Ryan, problem solved. We going to the track tonight?

KIMMER

Admin
Reaction score
Biggest thing i've noticed with this car compared to other cars i've driven is you really have to play the clutch. I was getting terrible 60 foot times. Roasting tires, kicking sideways, or not enough rpms and bogging down. 3500 rpm's and slipping the clutch was the only way I could get my 60 foot times down, but this is stock also. Looks like you have way more power than I have to deal with.:thumb:

KIMMER

Admin
Reaction score
Starting to think we need a general tech...which one would you put it in?

thump_rrr

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Starting to think we need a general tech...which one would you put it in?
IMHO
It's a GT it should go in the GT tech section.
If we subdivide everything this site will look like TMS.
Other peoples opinions are welcome.

Clay

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I moved it to the "Track Discussion & Timeslips" section. That's what I created it for, discussing technicalities about drag racing in particular

Charlie Sheen

Armed and Hammered
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
More than likely when ya'll read this thread title most of ya'll probably said "more seat time" but.. help me out here :beer:

My best time to date is a 13.2 at 107 with a 2.23 60'ft; with my mods,i should be in the 12's but alas, launching>me. I seem to have the clutch feel down, but my gas/clutch feathering isn't working out. These are the 2 scenarios that happen to me:

-I pop it too quickly and the tires just spin all the way to third off of the line
-I feather it well immediately off of the line, but at about 4500 rpm (clutch is all the way out) the back end skoots out and i lose traction from then all the way until i shift into third (second gear is just one long squeal)

Any suggestions? here are my mods:

Lt's. o/r H, cmcv deletes, jlt II intake, dynojoe tune and bfg kdws with 295/35/18 in the rear. (i got bmr adj race version lca's now)

Pick up an auto tranny. :victory:

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back