Need some guidance.

LS1EATINPONY

The Banker
Reaction score
I just purchased a new car and I want to keep this thing looking good. I did a fairly good job on my last car but I want to prevent scratches from coming up any sooner than they need to. I am going to order from chemical guys so im just needing a little help in the right direction from those who have experience doing this right.

What I have :
Meguiars Car wash (walmart bought) Would like to get some good car wash from chem guys

Two buckets and mitts. Need to get a grit guard for both.

This is all I have. I know im ill prepared but I just sort of get by right now. I need some guidance on washes, pre-wax, wax and sealant and so forth.

What I want to get is a good wash, pre wax, and wax. I will also get a small electric pressure washer soon and buy a wand for foam sprayer. Then a small air dryer as well.

Any sound advice from you car washing buffs?

00blkvert

forum member
Reaction score
A good wash: Most of CGs washes are really good. Honeydew, maxisuds and mr pink are probably among their top.

wax and sealants are dependent on what you want. If you want a good wax CG does have some good ones for a reason able price such as Petes 53 and 50/50. For a different brand Zymol Carbon is awesome for the same price range.

Sealant wise I would go straight to Sonax Polymer Net Shield. It acts like a coating but it is still considered a sealant.

To go along a good quick detailer, good MF towels, Clay bars, etc will also help you get a better application and maintain the finish.

LS1EATINPONY

The Banker
Reaction score
Awesome! I'll have to go back through this section and study up what the process is to do this all correctly

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back