Need some spring advice...

07 GT Cali

Reaction score
So here's the situation:

I put on some 20" Saleen wheels (20x9 up front, 20x10 out back) along with some new tires (275/40/20 up front, 315/35/20 out back). I also put on Koni STR.T shocks/struts and the Eibach Pro-Kit as well as an adjustable panhard bar and UCA/LCA's. The only problem is the drop is a little too much given the wide tires so I get a little rubbing on the rear and some rubbing when turning up front. I put the stock springs back on for now to remedy this but I'd really like to use these springs.

That said, should I sell the Pro-Kit and get the Steeda springs since they only do a 1" drop (as opposed to the 1.2/1.5 drop on the Pro-Kit) or is there a way to put spacers in to raise the Eibach kit .25 in front and .5 in back?

Thanks for any help guys!

Mike

LAK3RS

Original Member
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
How was the ride with the Koni STR.T's and Eibach Pro-Kit on the street? If possible, could you be a bit detailed for me? I've go to replace my struts/shocks, and have seriously been contemplating doing the Koni Oranges since they can be had for $320-$350 shipped right now and of course combining them with FRPP K Springs/Eibach Pro-Kit. I've also got pretty wide tires out back (295/45/18's) but not near as wide as yours, but others are fine with the tires that I have with the above mentioned springs.

I really love the stance that the Eibach's offer, but still want an improvement in DD. I'm just trying to avoid purchasing Koni Yellow's, but if it has to happen, then it will. To be honest, I should just call up Sam Strano tomorrow, or later on today actually and just see what he has to say.

07 GT Cali

Reaction score
How was the ride with the Koni STR.T's and Eibach Pro-Kit on the street? If possible, could you be a bit detailed for me? I've go to replace my struts/shocks, and have seriously been contemplating doing the Koni Oranges since they can be had for $320-$350 shipped right now and of course combining them with FRPP K Springs/Eibach Pro-Kit. I've also got pretty wide tires out back (295/45/18's) but not near as wide as yours, but others are fine with the tires that I have with the above mentioned springs.

I really love the stance that the Eibach's offer, but still want an improvement in DD. I'm just trying to avoid purchasing Koni Yellow's, but if it has to happen, then it will. To be honest, I should just call up Sam Strano tomorrow, or later on today actually and just see what he has to say.

Ride height/quality was great... but definitely a little rougher than stock but that's to be expected. I didn't get to spend too much time driving it though given the rubbing and all... just to be honest. I think you'd be perfectly fine with 295's out back given that my 315's BARELY rubbed. Good luck man!

Mike

LAK3RS

Original Member
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Ride height/quality was great... but definitely a little rougher than stock but that's to be expected. I didn't get to spend too much time driving it though given the rubbing and all... just to be honest. I think you'd be perfectly fine with 295's out back given that my 315's BARELY rubbed. Good luck man!

Mike

Thanks! Make sure to post up what you think about the Steeda's when you get them on.

Jaylee

forum member
Reaction score
My car is lowered with the sportline springs, but I have 20x8.5 with 255/35/20 in the front and 20x10 with 295/30/20 in the rear. I have no rubbing anywhere. Maybe try smaller tires.

dkegel

forum member
Reaction score
To be honest, springs will not solve your problem. Different springs *may* result in the tires rubbing less, but they will still rub. 315s are just too wide, especially with whatever offset your rear wheels are.

Dave

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back