neutral rev limiter launch

corey5988

forum member
Reaction score
I had never though of it until today, but is anyone using their neutral rev limiter for launching (to act similar to a 2-step)? I did a google search, but nothing came up on this forum and most of what came up seemed to be 2v related. Usually I just modulate the throttle manually, but I have had a time or two when I staged last and rushed to get settled (yeah, RT doesn't matter, but I still would like to get good RTs). I know it will "bounce", but as long as it's just a second or two and the variation range isn't too major I would think you'd be ok.

johnnyv8

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I don't know much about autos. However, most of the auto guys have conv stalls and a two step. I don't think its a good idea to neutral bomb your car though.

cbass

m̶o̶u̶t̶h̶s̶e̶x̶
Reaction score
I used it on my 13, sounded pretty cool, but it's not tunable in the pits to match conditions unless you want to flash between every run.

deathwishracer

forum member
Reaction score
Wouldn't work on my 2010, or my buddy's 2010. Whatever you set the neutral limit for, would overwrite the drive limit. I know some 2011 guys it worked for. I guess different computer codes? ?

fdjizm

Drag Queen
Reaction score
Tried that a few years back car was stuck a the RPM I set no matter what.
Better off getting a WOTBOX.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back