New best (bitter sweet)

cruzing2much

forum member
Reaction score
Went to atco yesterday for there last day of racing surprisingly not to crowded. Off the trailer the car went 8.97@151. And a second run of 9.03. This isn't the first time in 8's but the first pass was up 3 mph in the 8th from my other 8 second pass and feeling good then a momentary. Loss off power at the 1000' mark. Went back and water all over the engine compartment not good. Cleaned it up went back out went a 9.03 and that was it. Lifted the passenger side head. Couldn't get to upset the motors been running for about two years and been through alot. Easy fix bit just the reason I need to have mike from l&m engines build it up stronger and get it ready for the bigger blower and big stuff 3. My goal was to go 8's with the stock computer and a 281ci motor and the f1a was at its limits so either a f1r or a f2 now!!!

Last edited:

dysan

Dis-Member
Reaction score
It was a bummer to say the least, but as you said, you've gotten alot out of that engine and met your goal. Can't wait to see what you get from that car with a new engine and BS3 setup!

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
congrats Chris! Mike will get you squared away for sure!

psfracer

billy badass
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Great job.

I wonder what Mihovetz does to prevent blown head gaskets....as he runs 52 psi. At least a blown head gasket is a relatively easy fix.

US-1

Banned
Reaction score
Great job.

I wonder what Mihovetz does to prevent blown head gaskets....as he runs 52 psi. At least a blown head gasket is a relatively easy fix.

Dry decks the engines. There is no water transfer from the block to the heads through the decks. Each water passage in the block and heads is milled to fit a custom machined plug. Plug is chilled in nitrogen then pressed into the decks followed by decking the block/heads. Each chamber is still O-ringed and a custom copper gasket is used to seal the combustion process. Water transfer is done via a custom aluminum "manifold" and AN hoses to the block and heads. Return is done via the same setup.

The man is ingenious. I've got two blocks and two sets of heads out there now being done. :evil:

By the way, Chris.....nice pass. Congrats on the "8's". Good luck with the next combo. Just jump ahead to the F3 and be done with it. :beer:

Last edited by a moderator:

jeostang

forum member
Reaction score
congrats on the new best , what you thinking for weight reduction ?

+1

When mine goes in the the 10pt I'm having all the shit behind the dash removed, I'd like to find away to cut all the supports out the doors an still be able to keep the windows up.

At WCFs mine weighed 3560 with me in it now, I'm 225.

Matt D

S197 Pilot
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Wow congrats man! You have been knocking on that door the last few outtings, good to get it done.

Your car pulls the wheels like a champ lol

TurboPete

forum member
Reaction score
Congrats Chris, awesome run , how much boost are you running on that set up , I see it was a 281 , are the heads ported, cams etc.

Pete

rednek01

TangerMean!
Reaction score
Dry decks the engines. There is no water transfer from the block to the heads through the decks. Each water passage in the block and heads is milled to fit a custom machined plug. Plug is chilled in nitrogen then pressed into the decks followed by decking the block/heads. Each chamber is still O-ringed and a custom copper gasket is used to seal the combustion process. Water transfer is done via a custom aluminum "manifold" and AN hoses to the block and heads. Return is done via the same setup.

The man is ingenious. I've got two blocks and two sets of heads out there now being done. :evil:

By the way, Chris.....nice pass. Congrats on the "8's". Good luck with the next combo. Just jump ahead to the F3 and be done with it. :beer:

Any links to this process, sounds pretty interesting!

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back