New Best But Not Satisfied!!!

LAK3RS

Original Member
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
My old best was 8.627 @ 82.55 MPH (60' 2.056)...my new best with ET Streets....

R/T .266
60' 1.980
330 5.563
MPH 63.96
1/8 8.502
MPH 82.17

It was my best and first run of the day. I was a pussy with the tires and was afraid of hurting something in the rear end, so I didn't do much of a burnout. The guy monitoring the burnouts said I was only spinning my driver side wheel and not the passenger for my first two runs. I honestly need some DRIVING 101 especially on how to do proper burn outs!!! Don...where you at...again...LoL.

I really wasn't to impressed with my 60' time, ET, or MPH....hell even though it's my best run yet I just expected more of it! I did end up with a total of 3 runs tonight. My 8.5 run, an 8.6, and an 8.7...Probably the best parts was seeing this huge ass 06 Dodge Dually with at least 22's (rims) on it run a 8.2...whoooaaa!! Hell, the tires were at least 40" tall! No telling what it weighed!

I drive an Auto and still can't get everything down right I guess. Do I turn the O/D off or keep it on while burning out? I pretty much need help step by step on the entire process...

- Justin

94tbird

4R70W FTMFW
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
for burnouts install a line lock system man. makes burnouts 1000x easier. you can make the kit from parts summit sells for about 100 bucks give or take

psfracer

billy badass
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
+1

When I first got my 325 m&h's, it was way too hard to do burnouts. A line lock makes it so much easier on you and the car.

Just curious, even with the crappy burnouts---where you spinning any? Also, with the stock converter I actually had my best 60' leaving off of idle. I think the converter flashed better when you just mashed the pedal off the line vs bringing up the rpm to 2000 or whatever. Next time your out, just try it on one pass and see what happens.

Thats cool your track has a mph clock at the 330' mark.

Oh, and o/d off; tcs off; and where are your shift points (with your tune)? Maybe there is something to gain there---is the trans shifting too high / too low? Also--my best ET's have always been obtained by leaving it in drive (yeah I suck).

Last edited:

LAK3RS

Original Member
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I will agree on leaving it in drive! I suck shifting it my self..LoL! A line lock sounds great actually, I'll call up Kevin at PMP and get his line kit and get the solenoids from Summit or Jegs.

I just got it custom tuned through Doug from Bamachips and it feels great. It looked as if it was shifting right over 6000 rpm. I think my biggest problem was going through the water with the tires and not completely spinning them, or burning out enough and was still leaving a little water on them.

My first and best run felt pretty nice but at the same time felt there was more in it. I launched at 1000 RPM my first run and then launched at 1500 RPM on my other passes. I also shifted my self on the 8.7 pass. Of course the heat isn't helping at all and I did let my car cool down for almost an hour before my first run with using two bags of ice to cool it down. Then 20 min for the second run and then immediatly after did my third.

Where in my tuner can I adjust my wheel/tire sizes? Right now I'm pretty sure it's all driver...LoL...at least I hope!

LAK3RS

Original Member
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I also got some pics and vids but still can't upload anything due to me not having a wire to hook up to my computer! I'm going to the Galleria today to check out ANOTHER digital camera and do some shopping with my girl. Y'all have any recommendations on a specific camera to check out?

94tbird

4R70W FTMFW
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
good idea. bending lines isnt pretty. PMP's SS lines are awesome and keep the car looking great!

don_w

Dyno Numbers - Who Cares?
Reaction score
Congrats on the new best! :clap:

The guy monitoring the burnouts said I was only spinning my driver side wheel and not the passenger for my first two runs.
Ummm... that's not good. And it isn't a "DRIVER 101" issue either. Sounds like a T-loc issue to me.

FWIW, doing a burnout in an auto is easier than with a stick... all it takes is a little practice to get the right feel for the correct brake pressure needed. But, having said that, getting line locks is a 100x better, and is less stressful to the car. Oh yea... do the burnout in 1st gear (or 2nd maybe if you have 4.10s)... do not do it in "D".

My normal routine is O/D off, TCS off, shifter in D. My best RTs and 60's come with a medium level power brake on the line. If I leave from an idle, it takes too long to get going. If I power brake too high, the tires break loose and spin on the launch. Somewhere in between works best for me. And I wouldn't even try self-shifting... why bother???

kennyxg

Reaction score
Do you ver run the 1/4 mile if so what are your times and et before and after your new tune?

LAK3RS

Original Member
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Do you ver run the 1/4 mile if so what are your times and et before and after your new tune?

I'm yet to run the 1/4...I'll be hitting up the track on Oct. 20th over at Ennis and am very excited. I just want to get a couple things finished up on the car before then, so I'll be sitting out for a while.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back