New England Chit Chat

todcp

forum member
Reaction score
Carfax said before I owned it it was in a "front end collision" and the damage was minor-moderate.

Problem is the person who wrote the damage down was a cop, who isn't trained to assess vehicles. However, because that's what they put in the report he is in fact, assessing the value of my vehicle.

There was no information about headlights being damaged, which they would have to write as its safety equipment, or leaking fluids if the radiator cracked. So most likely a paint scrape which would be minor.

He was worried he would take a hit on the resale if he ever sold it. It was totally ridiculous.

Then, for shits, I ran another history check with a different company and they say the car doesn't have a clean title and has frame damage.

This whole thing is such a crock of shit. They should be sued for the shit they put in these reports without having any idea of whats going on.

Be sure to keep documentation of damages and repairs. Including pictures if possible. I have been able to sell and trade in two cars by providing a copy of the body shop repair bill to show that damage to my car was only cosmetic and not structural. I can't imagine buying without Carfax. They have saved my ass twice on bad cars I was considering buying. When searching for a car for my son I found out the car in question had a past life as a taxi cab and when I confronted the seller he said "hey it is not my responsibility to state that" in my ad. Really?

california gt

senior citizen member
Reaction score
Do any of you plan on going to New England Dragway Sat Aug 30 for the Tasca Ford Fest?

Buss111

They call her Lucy.
Reaction score
Nice a NE thread.

F yeah! I am from the Cape and just glad to hear from people back home. I see there has not been much activity here in quit a bit lol. Wake-up!!!!:head3:

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back