New member, 1st Mustang, Need help PLEASE….

Bmill30

Reaction score
Just bought my first mustang, it’s a 2005 Roush stage 1 super charged 4.6l 5 speed manual.

I have read many many post and threads and whatever else I could find lol on why might my REVERSE LIGHTS stay on when vehicle is running.
1. Check SJB box inside and out, looks almost brand new. Found a little corrosion and cleaned it out.
2. Checked the sensor on the transmission, unplugged yet lights still stayed on.

It has the Raxiom GEN5 LED light in it
and the lights are the only thing I’m finding wrong. Everything I’ve read about an SJB box being bad has multiple isssue with loss of power to lights or switches, radio amongst other things. But, I have the one issue, you’d think there be more issues if it were the case.

Please help, I don’t have the money to just keep throwing it in the shop and hope someone can find the problem unfortunately.
Thank you for taking the time to read this and hope there’s a solution to be found.

IMG_0629.jpeg

JimC

Reaction score
It could be the LED lights. They tend to draw power at all times unless you have a resistor. Try swapping them for the standard bulb to see if that works - cheap fix

Bmill30

Reaction score
I was thinking about that and I appreciate the advice. Waiting on a guy off marketplace to respond. Found a cheap set just gotta drive an hour to meet after he responds lol. Definitely hoping it’s a simple fix.

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
If the rears are aftermarket LEDs, 100% they will appear to stay on a while after use, freaked me out when I first got my Shelby.

Bmill30

Reaction score
I just put and OEM set back on it, the reverse lights are coming in n around a minute and half after turning the car on or putting the key in the RUN position.

I did do some troubleshooting and found that when the REVERSE light come on, I can unplug them from the factory harness and plug them right back in and the reverse light will go out and stay out. I just really don’t understand this as a whole.

It has an aftermarket short shifter in it. Do you think it could be out of alignment or whatever you’d call it. Or is there a sensor/switch around the shifter that could cause this issue.

Juice

forum member
Reaction score
There is a switch on the transmission,this switch tells ths pcm if reverse is selected.
The pcm tells the sjb to turn on the reverse lights via can bus.

Transmission > pcm > sjb > lights on.
Since the lights work, you need to figure out why the sjb is turning on the backup lights.
Possibly even acorrupt tune.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back