New PB for TURBRO - Hellion Twin Turbo'd Aluminator A6 Car

Doug1227

forum member
Reaction score
Finally got back out to test the transbrake. I ran an even in October on the footbrake and ran a disappointing 10.06@145 with a lackluster 1.65 60' time. It was just dead coming out of the hole. I added the transbrake and had done some testing in the parking lot, but wanted to get some clean runs on a prepped track with a burnout, etc. Well, she DID NOT DISAPPOINT! Timeslips, video and pics below.

I made (3) passes. The first was on 10psi and it went [email protected] with a 1.49 60'. Better....
attachment.php

Next pass I launched on the 10psi setting and tried to hit it with more boost mid track. It went [email protected] with a 1.38 60'. Now we're talking....
attachment.php

I only had time to make one more pass, so I figured I'd see what it'd do if I just put it on the 15psi boost setting and let her eat. I figured I'd have some clutch issues as I've seen a few signs that they're due for a change. It left hard, the rpms slid down on the 1-2 shift like the clutches were slipping, but I just stayed in it. A new personal best with a [email protected] with a 1.34 60'. Super happy! I'll rebuild the tranny this winter and be ready to run some even better times in the spring!
attachment.php

attachment.php

tjm73

of Omicron Persei 8
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Looks like nothing. Runs 10's (maybe 9's). Sweet!!

Also, I can't imagine being disappointed with running a 10.06. HA!

Last edited:

Doug1227

forum member
Reaction score
The 10.06 was only disappointing because the 60' was killing the ET. It should be damn near 8's with the 5.84 pass above.

tjm73

of Omicron Persei 8
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Well that's a pretty sick car. Congrats.

Doug1227

forum member
Reaction score
I usually pick up 30mph on the backend...the car really comes to life on the top end. I'll just have to get it to the 1/4 and FIND OUT! LOL!

Last edited:

skaarlaj

Probie Former Pink Bus Rider
Reaction score
Impressive for sure, you trap higher in the eighth, than surely I'll trap in the quarter lol! Are you runnin the Aluminator for a safety precaution, or did you destroy your factory mill with turbo power, and decide to upgrade in the process? Just curious if you think the original motor would take you to where you are now is all.

Doug1227

forum member
Reaction score
I opted to install the Aluminator before I went above 650rwhp. You really need better rods, Pistons and oil pump gears to go higher in my opinion. Now I'm towards the limits of my Aluminator and am looking at a new build. I've been able to sell my previous motors each time to help fund the upgrade.

skaarlaj

Probie Former Pink Bus Rider
Reaction score
I see, I guess I should've paid more attention to the numbers in your sig. Yeah, you're a little beyond the power limits of the factory motor!! Amazing either way though, good work!

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back