NeW StUfF On WeBsItE

spyder7724

Reaction score
I finally have the p/s delete belts added on the site http://www.leonardracingproducts.com and also the flange tool which reduces the install time when swapping out pinion flanges during the Spydershaft install.
I was at PRI this past weekend and found a few new products some of you guys may be interested in but one stood out to me.
I'm not a show guy but I know a lot of you guys do frequent shows so this may be a product for your consideration.
There's actually two different companies that make replacement silicone hoses for the s197's in a bunch of different colors. their kits include all the rad hoses and small heater/crossover hoses also. they even had some with flames made into the hose.
they retailed around $275 which isn't cheap but you will never have to replace them again and they do look great.
just a thought. I'll contact them for more info tomorrow and see what kind of deals i can get.

scramblr

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I've had my eye on those type of silicone hoses for awhile. Either that or braided. Thinking the silicone ones will last longer and they're easier to keep clean. Let us know what you find out.

andyman

what a mess...
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Here's some pictures of their stuff..

scramblr

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Hmmmm, kinda digging the ones with flames. I was thinking of braided, but this may do just fine...

spyder7724

Reaction score
Ron,

The LRP Bite bars looking interesting. Anymore info on them?
I've been running them for about 2 years now in the solid rod end syle. the urethane ends are a new design but same principal just quieter hopefully. Andyman has a set and is going to do a before and after track test so I have an independent source. I've tested them on and off in different configurations over the last couple years and found that they drop my 60' times by about a tenth.
i have adjustable LCA's with urethane bushings and a stock UCA with urethane bushings which helped my 60' by about .05 seconds.
how they work:
Similar to " lift bars" made for fox body cars in that they effectively shorten the Instant Center drasically, which plants the tires extremely hard resulting in zero squat until forward motion is established. They are adjustable and preload can be set if needed to eliminate body roll during launch.this reduces the need for anti roll bars on drag cars. Normally the S197 requires stiffening the rear shocks to reduce squat but with these bars installed I run my rear shocks on full soft when racing. that improves my 60' times another .02-.04 seconds and in conjunction with tightening the front struts to reduce front end travel i've had 60' times of 1.60 with an auto n/a-stock motor 3550# car.
the reduce the housing rotation to virtually zero eliminating the need for an upgraded UCA. They actually work better with the stock spongy UCA as it won't bind up the suspension like solid ends do on some adjustable UCA's.
I'm taking off my race bars and installing a set of urethane bars on my car this weekend so i can beat on them for a while(if weather permits).

Andy has good weather year round so he will get the track data for the new style to see if it's consistant with my results.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back