Not Happy With the Show Today

marcspaz

~Resigned~
Reaction score
Can I offer some constructive criticism?

The entire campus parking area was on a pretty step hill and it made the show impossible for me to enjoy. There was an awesome turnout, lots of vendors, food, things to do and people to meet. The show was great in almost every aspect. However, the venue really blew the whole experience for me.

I am disabled. I have a hard time walking due to arthritis, Asthma and a heart condition. Making my way around the camps parking lot was next to impossible. I spent a good 2.5 hours trying to move around an see stuff and likely missed 80% of what was there. I was beat from dealing with the hills.

At first I thought it was just me, but my wife and daughter are in amazing shape and they were making the same complaints unprompted as I had not said anything to them about it. My buddy Scott who is also in great shape was complaining about the inclines. I bumped into a few people I know and the individual groups were saying they didn't venture too far away from where they parked because of having to walk the inclines to go everywhere in the show as well. Truth is, even though both my family and my buddy Scott made a 375+ mile same day round trip, after getting there at 11:30 AM we were all so beat that we left by 2:20 PM.

So, of course I am expecting to get ribbed about being a fat ass and in the minority with regard to my feelings, but in my experience the minority seemed pretty sizable anyway.

The 2010 car show was held at some fair grounds. It was flat and easy for everyone to negotiate. Plus, since there was no asphalt concrete at the fair grounds, it was a lot cooler experience even though the temps were higher that day at over 90. For future shows, if the fair grounds are not available, I would love to see a site like it get selected. This would make it a lot more enjoyable for all.

Thanks for listening and putting on a good time for all.

AMWill

AmericanMuscle.com
Official Vendor
Reaction score
marcspaz,

I'm sorry about the trouble you experienced venturing through the car show! We've used the DCCC location this year and last because of the size of the show and available parking. However, we were still crammed for space this year, so I'm sure we'll be looking for a new spot for the next.

I'm not sure where we'll be for next year, but I'll definitely bring up the the landscape to the right people. Hopefully we'll be able to find flatter grounds with more parking space than this past years.

Thanks for your suggestion. I hope you still had a good time!

Shane

The 2010 car show was held at some fair grounds. It was flat and easy for everyone to negotiate. Plus, since there was no asphalt concrete at the fair grounds, it was a lot cooler experience even though the temps were higher that day at over 90. For future shows, if the fair grounds are not available, I would love to see a site like it get selected. This would make it a lot more enjoyable for all.

Thanks for listening and putting on a good time for all.[/QUOTE]

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back